Saturday, May 24, 2014

Dior Addict Fluid Stick 669 Rose Tricheuse


I took my time to review the Dior Addict Fluid Stick because at of this moment I'm still quite on the fence about it. I'll tell you why soon.

I should seriously be excited about all the bright colours because they are just so me. I would have expected myself to pick the stand out shades of the range such as Wonderland, Adventure and Pandore. But you know what, as much as I like how glossy they look swatched, I'm aware that too much of a hi shine isn't flattering on me. I prefer my bright lippies to be of a satiny or matte finish. 

I decided to pick a more muted colour 699 but unfortunately that was out of stock so I decided to try Rose Tricheuse.

I'm a little confused with how many shades are there exactly. I compared the shades listed on the Dior website with the Sephora one and it seems slightly different. I don't see Rose Tricheuse anywhere. I am trying to look for the name of the shade 699 which I originally wanted but can't find the name either.


I like the packaging. It looks sleek. I like being able to know how much product I have left.


The applicator is easy to use.



Rose Tricheuse is a bright rose with hints of coral to me. The swatches in bright sunlight looks beautiful.

Here comes my issue, application isn't always a breeze for me. When I apply balm underneath, Rose Tricheuse just slides all over the place. I cannot get an even coat on and somehow it looks off on me. I learnt to wipe off my balm before application and apply lip liner all over my lips to 'hold' Rose Tricheuse it its place. I don't really love how it looks just upon application but after pressing my lips together, the hi shine is toned down, it looks better on me.



The Dior Addict Fluid Stick isn't the most moisturising lip product but it doesn't try out my lips either. I get about 4 hours of wear when just sipping on water and snacking but it does not last through a full on meal.

I wish I would love it more but I just don't know. I don't know why it bothers me so much that I don't feel love for the Fluid Stick. Perhaps because on the good days it really looks nice on my lips. You know what, being the irrational person I am, I'll probably pick one more up just to confirm whether I like it or not. I still want that mysterious 699 shade.

My partner in crime Miaka's Life and Loves has Rose Tricheuse and Magique. Magique looks really nice too.

SGD $47.

Ratings: 3- lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Glad to have read this before I made my splurge. There's too many new things to try... I have my eyes on the papaya color rouge g. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I love Rouge Gs a lot! Are you talking about Geneva? I had my heart set on picking more Rouge G during the Sephora sale yesterday but the shade I wanted couldn't be found sigh. You should try it though and tell me what you think about it. Btw Eau Duelle that you recc is simply divine I love it so much. Thanks dear for your recc. Kiss.

      Delete
  2. I just picked up one at the Sephora sale.. I tried it the day before and liked it enough to go back the next day for it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to pick another during the Sephora sale too but at the store I wasn't getting the feeling that I had yo have another one. I could defied which one I wanted so in the end I didn't get anything. Quite disappointing trip for me bec I had my heart set on owning another Guerlain a Rouge G, Hunting for Givenchy Le a Rouge and try another Dior a Fluid stick, in the end I left empty handed.

      Delete
  3. Aww Jacq I'm sorry that you aren't liking this product as much as I do. This is by far the only lipstick range which I can work on brighter shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jacqueline, I'm loving this shade on you! I think it looks fantastic! I don't wear a balm prior to lipstick application, so I haven't noticed how it wouldn't sit still on top of one. While I personally love the formula, I can see why it's not a winner for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shade but I don't understand why it doesn't look good every time I use it. I'm not sure why it bothers me so that I have mixed feelings about the fluid sticks but I'm determined to wear this until I like it. That being said, I am going to buy another shade for the hell of it. I am thinking of Wonderland.

      Delete
  5. I like how this shade looks on you, Jacq!

    We definitely has similar taste as 699 was my original choice too. The SA told me it's limited edition :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have the same taste when it comes to lip shades babe. I wanna go shopping with you again. I'm thinking of getting one more. Wonderland perhaps.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.