Saturday, May 3, 2014

By Terry Baume De Rose SPF 15


(Information taken from Beauty.com)


This protective repairing balm offers complete lip care and regenerates nail contours.



An intensive formula concentrated with precious active ingredients: Restructuring and soothing Essential Rose Wax, nourishing and emollient Floral Oils, hydrating and anti-aging Bio-ceramides, anti free radical and protective UV filters.


My favourite Chanel Hydramax Active lip care was running out, originally I was going to stock it up at the DFS at Changi during the December holidays but I couldn't find it anywhere. While browsing online, I came across excellent reviews of the Baume De Rose and decided to pick it up while I was at Tangs one day. I bought this for SGD $90 which on hindsight is way too much to pay for a lip balm. It only costs USD $60 online. This better give me lips as soft as a baby's bottom.






Left to right: Chanel and By Terry
The Baume De Rose has a distinctive rose smell and has a thicker consistency than my favourite Chanel lip balm. When applied, it feels tacky and gives me a pale pink cast to my lips if I happen to use too much for it. 

It does a great job moisturizing my lips. I love using this just before I sleep. The next morning my lips are soft and pillowy. This is something you would want if you are looking for intense hydration.

I usually like to apply lip balm just before lipstick application. Doing this ensures that my lips are in tip top condition and my lipstick applies more smoothly and looks good. I find that Baume De Rose just gives me too much slip which makes my lipstick go all over the place. I can't use this with my creamy bright lipsticks. I still prefer my Chanel for this purpose as it is of thinner consistency.

I'm kinda on the fence about this Baume De Rose. On one hand I really like its moisturising properties but I had originally wanted this to replace my Chanel lip balm which I use as a pre lipstick application prep and for that purpose, it doesn't do such a great job for me. I also have a niggling feeling that for a $90 price tag, it should be well worth it which I don't feel it is.

Well Baume De Rose isn't for me. Guess I'll go hunting my my trusty old Hydramax once I'm done with this.

Ratings: 2 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jacqueline, I'm sorry to hear this is not really for you! I get your point though. I can't use a thick layer of balm prior to lipstick application, either. I think the Chanel Hydramax lip balm has been replaced by the new Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care. I hope it's just as good! Keep me posted if you decide to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend Rosebud's Mocha Rose Balm, and it smells delicious too! It's marked up at Sephora so best buy online.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.