Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sponsored Post: ORBIS Petit Shake Limited Edition Flavours


(Information from the press kit)

April 1, 2014 - The popular one-meal replacement from Japan is now available in Tropical, limited edition flavours to tantalise your taste buds. 

Petit Shake was launched in six flavours (Fresh Strawberry, White Grape, Aloe Vera, Orange Citrus, Banana, Mixed Peach and Pink Guava) as regular items in stores and is ORBIS’ best-selling product in health category with over a hundred million meals sold to date.
Nutritionally Balanced. Petit Shake contains 10 kinds of vitamins 2, iron and a water-soluble dietary fiber. Packed with the right nutrients to meet dietary requirements, it serves as a healthy diet option as a good nutritional balance is the key to losing weight healthily. 
Great Taste, Natural Sweetness With natural sweetness from fruit extracts and real fruit pulps in every sachet, cravings for desserts can be satisfied even when one is dieting. Petit Shake makes for the perfect guilt-free snack.

Low in Calories. Each sachet of one-meal replacement Petit Shake (consumed with 100 ml of cold milk) makes up approximately 150 kCal. One-meal replacement for a month reduces calorie intake to assist weight loss equivalent to approximately ~2.5kg of body fat* a month. 
*Results may vary. 
Pectin, a thickening agent used in Petit Shake, is a natural ingredient found in fruits such as apples and strawberries. It reacts with the calcium found in milk to create a viscous, smoothie-like texture which helps to fill an empty stomach. Petit Shake is best served with chilled milk, immediately after preparation. 

Retail Price: 
$8.90 for a box (2 servings), Limited Edition Flavours 
$6.90 for a box (2 servings), Regular Flavours 



Mango: Sweet burst of ripe mango flavour
Mixed Tropical Fruits: Well balance sour and sweet guava, passionfruit and pineapple flavours
Acai, banana and red grape: Contains superfruit Acai know for its weight loss and anti-aging properties
I have to be honest I did not like some of the flavours here. I made the mistake of picking up the Acai, Banana and Red Grape flavour first. I could not finish the the whole drink because it was partly sourish tasting and just didn't suit my taste. It took me a few days to muster the will to pick up another flavour to drink.

This time I picked up Mango which I liked a lot. Whew!

This is what a sachet looks like inside.


As per instructions, I pour out the contents into a cup. Can't go wrong with mangoes, it smells good. 


Next I mix in about 100 ml of fresh milk. None of that low fat milk for me though, I like mine full cream. When mixed, the mixture thickens to a shake.


Then drink! I feel a sense of fullness after downing a cup. I lasted about between 2.5 to 3 hours before my tummy rumbles for food. I don't drink this everyday but I do replace my weekend breakfasts with this, especially after a run in the morning when I am feeling virtuous. Heh heh. I don't think I have the willpower to replace lunch or dinner with this though. My tummy craves solid food.

I don't think I'll be able to lose weight if I'm only replacing some meals but hopefully this helps me to maintain my weight.

That being said, I think that if you want to achieve a healthy and sustainable weight loss, it is all about forming good eating habits and adding in exercise into the mix. Don't look for quick fix solutions. If you tend to reach out for sugary and fatty treats when stressed like me, reach out for a Petit Shake instead. Don't deny yourself what you love to eat either, just everything in moderation. Think about calories in and out. Don't eat more than you can expend.

Thankfully these boxes come in a sachet of 2 inside. If you happen to pick a flavour you don't like, you only need to go through 2 of them. I found out that I really liked the Mango and Mixed Tropical Fruits flavour out of the 4 flavours I was given. I will stock up on those.

These are the petit shakes I bought from the ORBIS counter at Robinsons Orchard. I like them Petit Shakes enough to hunt for new ones to try.  I found some interesting flavours which I wanted to test out. So far I finished my Double Berry and White Chocolate which tastes and smells great to me. I'm crossing my fingers with the Caramel Pumpkin Pudding, I hope it tastes good. The Double Berry and White Chocolate and Caramel Pumpkin Pudding cost SGD $8.90 because I believe they are also LE flavours.

Edited to add: I have tried the Caramel Pumpkin Pudding and it tastes very good. That caramel flavour and smell is absolutely heavenly. Must get more!



Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

6 comments:

  1. Now I am super tempted top try the shakes. There are so many raves about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear, tell me which ones you want, I can buy them for you, I will be heading soon to a counter to stock up on my favourites.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacqueline, I've never really tried anything like this, but some of the flavors look tempting! Mango and Caramel Pumpkin Pudding sound especially delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually like meal replacements because the few I've tasted in the past were aweful, these are really tasty so an alternative to the sinful snacks I've been stuffing my face with.

      Delete
  3. Does this taste sickeningly sweet? Like the berry and choco one sounds like it would be too sweet. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, nope it did not taste sickenly sweet in fact I like it just fine. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.