Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Brush 152 Highlighter Brush Medium and 154 Buffer Blush Brush



I am always happy to receive new products to play with. I was positively delighted when I received these two brushes. I love the look of these, the dark brown wooden handles and dark silver ferrule gives it a sense of class. There is a nice weight to it so it feels good holding them.

Even though these are synthetic brushes, they feel very soft on my skin and are a delight to use.

Medium rounded and dense brush SGD $69

Extra-dense round brush with a flat tip SGD $80

I am really loving both the 152 and 154 for applying my new Make Up For Ever cream blushes on my cheeks. I have been rotating them. I dab the brush onto the pan and dab it on the apples of my cheeks. I use a dabbing motion to blend the colour and because both brushes feels soft, they don't poke my skin. Yet the brush is resilient enough to apply just the right amount of colour on my cheeks. Because they are synthetic I don't feel like I need to treat them like they are fragile.

On me, I don't see a big difference in the way 152 and 154 applies, both do a great job. So if you are hard pressed to choose one, get the 152 for your cream blushes simply because it is cheaper. I haven't discovered other ways to use them though even though it looks like I can also use them for liquid highlighters and applying compact foundation. How do you use your 152 and 154 brushes?


Ratings: 5 lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

10 comments:

  1. The brushes look very nice! And for you to give a rating of 5 lipsticks….? I'm definitely hard pressed to give one of them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the perfect brush head size for my cheeks. Love.

      Delete
  2. I need a new brush for my cream blushes and I might check out them at Sephora, especially 152 since it's cheaper:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise I think you are going to like them a lot.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, these brushes are interesting! I don't think I own anything with a comparable shape. I usually just blend my cream blushes out with my fingers or my foundation brush though. It works fine, and I don't have an extra brush to wash afterwards ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crazy over brushes so more is always good. I bought a spray bottle of instant brush cleaner from MUFE which I'm loving at the moment. That helps me when I feel lazy and don't feel like giving my brushes a thorough wash.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jacqueline, I have one of the Smashbox cream blushes and I think I will pick these up at some point - they look great :) I especially like the look of 152. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Shannon, I hope you will love it as much as I do.

      Delete
  5. I like the look of those, I've read some very mixed reviews on their brush collection though these do look tempting. I'm going to try ordering from Sephora soon now that they ship to the UK so am sure something from this brand will go in my basket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to check out their hd blush too, they are my current favorites.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.