Friday, March 7, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush Peaceful


I know I am very late in the game when it comes to Tarte. I have heard the beauty blogosphere rave about how good this blush is but I have never had the urge to get any. Now that Tarte is in Singapore (they can be found in all Sephora stores) it is a lot easier to go look at them for myself and make a decision.


(Taken from Sephora website)

What it is:
A long-wearing, solar-baked blush that lasts up to 12 hours.

What it does:
Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours. Inspired by Tarte's bestselling shades of cheek stains and lip tints, the colors range from soft to vivid to suit a wide variety of skintones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture. Combination skin types can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony. The result? Blush that wears better, longer, and truer!

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan





I was very happy with the finger swatches I made at the Sephora store. They were pigmented at first swipe. I decided to go for a safe natural colour for my skin tone. Peaceful is a lovely natural peachy shade. It has fine shimmer so it isn't a matte,  it has more of a satiny sheen to it. The powder is somewhat finely milled and it is very pigmented. I use my softest blush brush, my Hakuhodo to apply Peaceful.





Peaceful does last on my skin. It lasted the whole shopping trip without having me to reapply it. It blends well and gives me a soft natural looking flush. The packaging is nothing to crow about, it is sturdy and I like that I can instantly know what colour I'm picking up. The colour of the blush corresponds with the colour of the casing.

My main gripe is this. I paid about SGD $40 for this blush. It only costs USD $26. I find the mark up quite high in Singapore. It is a mid range blush but I seem to be paying high end prices for it, it doesn't make sense. I think I would be able to get more value for money if I waited for the 20% friends and family sales at Beauty.com to get anymore Tarte blushes.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks (minusing 1 lipstick because it isn't value for money to buy it in Singapore)

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean dear, I just can't bring myself to pay SG prices when I know there's a cheaper option online.. and I hardly come across anything so urgently required that I can't search for it online :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes when I really want something bad and can't wait I'll just get it here this was totally an impulse buy.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacqueline, oh the mark-up is outrageous! Otherwise I have this one and used to like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand mark ups at all. Do you get the same issue?

      Delete
  3. I know right Jacq! The mark up here is quite high.. I bought "exposed" as I have heard lots of good review about it. Yeah it would be nice to order from beauty.com, I'm still eyeing on their bb cream and their "blissful" blush ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read about Exposed, I must borrow t from you to have a peek. It looks really nice.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.