Thursday, March 13, 2014

Project Swap: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadow Creme 02 Silverleaf and 18 Pink Pearl swatches and review


Hey everyone! I'm back with a Project Swap item. This time I have for you Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadow Creme in Silverleaf and Pink Pearl on loan from Joy of Looknookhook.  




Silverleaf is a light silvery taupe.






Pink Pearl is a pearly beige pink. 


These two aren't very exciting colours but they are work safe and very easy to wear. I don't really have to crack my brains over how to use these two shades.

These shadows come in small glass pots. The thing about cream shadows is that they will eventually dry out so you need to cap them quickly after use. These shadows feel creamy and blend well. I still have enough time to blend it before it sets. I use my favourite Hakuhodo brushes in H2954 and H2956 for cream eye shadows. You can definitely use your fingers with these.


These are smudge proof on my oily lids. They lasted 6 hours with me sweating quite a bit. After I got home, these still looked fresh without any creasing or smudging. I totally approve. 

Here is a look I did. Since the eye colours were soft and subdued, I went with a bold lip. Using my flat Hakuhodo brush, I brushed and blended Pink Pearl all over my lids. I used the other Hakuhodo brush to apply Silverleaf on my lower lids up to my crease. Silverleaf isn't very obvious is it?


I especially liked my cat eye flick today.



NARS Satin lip pencil Yu on my lids.


A quick check online shows that these shadows are no longer being sold. They have been replaced with Pure Color Stay On Shadow Paints. The new cream shadows look more exciting with colours like Extreme Emerald and Neon Fuchsia.

To recap, I think these are lovely eye shadows especially for oily lids and mono lidded ladies. If you are a neutral lover, these are great shades to own. Too bad they aren't available anymore. 

You can read Joy's review of them here.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. silver leaf is gorgeous! too bad they aren't available any more because I'd definitely check them out:( and I love your lips:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caise. Try the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, I bet you will find one close to Silver Leaf.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacqueline, Silver Leaf is so pretty! I know that Estee Lauder revamped their cream eyeshadows not so long ago, but the new formula isn't getting that much love, so I never looked into them! This post is kinda making me want Yu though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got to get Yu Sunny, it will look fabulous on you. EL isn't a brand I would normally look at, if I wanted cream shadows, I would usually go for the Laura Mercier ones.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.