Friday, March 21, 2014

My pole dancing pictures!

Gemini
Hi everyone, this is an unscheduled post because I am just so excited to share with you two of my professionally taken pole photos (I just received my high res pictures). There will be three more coming but I'm waiting for the photographer to be finished with them.

When my dance studio announced that Justin Tran of Justin Tran Photography from Australia was coming to Singapore and offering photoshoots to pole students and instructors, it took me some time to convince myself to jump at the chance. He shoots some of the most famous Australian pole dancers and I checked out his pictures. His models are all super awesome and I was frankly worried I would not be good enough.

I'm shallow but I was honestly stressing over what to wear and what poses to do. I decided to keep everything simple and do stuff that was easy for me.

It was quite intimidating to have my pole instructors around because they are so much better than I ever would be. They were very nice though, they gave me tips to how to place my hands and how to position myself. Justin was simply the most patient and nicest photographer. For a guy who has taken countless talented pole dancers, he put this nervous noob at ease and made me look good.

The Bat
You have to check out the rest of the pictures taken of my instructors and pole buddies at Justin Tran's Facebook page, I am so proud to be among such strong women.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! These pictures are stunning!! You're incredible jaq!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD Jacqueline, these photos are STUNNING! I can't begin to imagine how much strength you must have to pull these poses off! Kudos! I'd love to see the rest when you receive them, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny, I'm dying to see the rest of my pohtos too.

      Delete
  3. Jacq! You are incredible. The photos do you justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, credit goes to Justin the photographer and all those instructors who keep yelling at me to stretch out more and show my pretty dancer hands lol.

      Delete
  4. You look awesome hon! You're practically floating in the 2nd picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce. :) I chose simpler poses which I knew I would stress over and the bat was one of them. Hard to believe there was a time I was so afraid to let go.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.