Sunday, March 16, 2014

Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo swatches and reviews




Today I have for you Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo eye shadows. These shadows have garnered quite a lot of good reviews. Personally I have not felt inclined to buy any of them. Yes I admit I a a big makeup snob. Here is my somewhat lame excuse. I already own many cream eye shadows mainly from Giorgio Armani, Chanel and Laura Mercier. I rather use those which I have spent so much money on. Does that even make any sense?

Anyway dear Joy of Looknookhook kindly loaned me these to try. Thank you Joy, so now I can find out what the big fuss is about.



Bad to the Bronze
I have to admit that I didn't try out all the colours on my lids. I only picked Bad to the Bronze to wear because I liked the neutral colour and it was also the creamiest of the bunch so it was easier to apply and blend with it.




Tough as Taupe
Bold Gold
Audacious Asphalt
Top to bottom: Audacious Asphalt, Bold Gold, Tough as Taupe and Bad to the Bronze

Fierce and Tangy
Pomegranate Punk
Tenacious Teal
Top to bottom: Tenacious Teal, Pomegranate Punk and Fierce and Tangy
These are I believe one-year old products. The shimmery cream shadows still feel creamy although somewhat hard. The matte ones namely Fierce ad Tangy and Tough as Taupe feel dry and as you can see have separated from the glass jar.

You can read Joy's review of them here.

I think there are some awesome colours and for the price point, great to experiment with. Be sure to cap them immediately after use because they will dry out making them harder to blend.

I like them but not enough to go out and buy these though.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. I have Tough as Taupe and I really like it:-) it doesn't stay put without a primer but the color is nice and it was really cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, I like the metallic colours Bad to the Bronze and Bold Gold.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's pretty much EVERY shade they ever made! Here we have such a limited selection. I have Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze, and I love how the formula wears like iron! Wish we would get the limited edition shades they do sometimes. Some of those are super tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, Bold Gold and Bad to the bronze would be shades I would get for myself too.

      Delete
  3. The Tough as Taupe is so pretty. I prefer less or not shimmery eyeshadow like this one. I will def check on this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love these, they do last well on the lids but be sure to cap them very well, I suspect they dry out.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.