Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Guerlain Rouge G 70 Gigolo


I bought Gigolo in December but there were so many other reviews that were pressing and it got pushed back until now. Thankfully Gigolo isn't a Limited Edition. It is part of the permanent line for Guerlain Rouge G so you can take your time to get it.


I really love the Guerlain Rouge G line of lipsticks. I already have Gala a beautiful blue based red and this time round I wanted to move out of my comfort zone and get a full on plum shade to try out.



(Taken from the Guerlain website)


Lipstick is reinvented in an exceptional jewel with Rouge G, a subtle balance of intense colour and the comforting pleasure of a creamy lip balm. Behind this magical creation is an astounding formula: the unique combination of ruby powder for spectacular radiance, hyaluronic acid spheres for perfectly smoothed lips and wild mango butter for lasting hydration. 

Lips are intensely coloured, perfectly smoothed, moisturised and plumped up. For excessively perfect lips!

A truly exceptional palette, lip glamour comes in 20 colourful shades as luxurious as they are radiant. 


Rouge G also comes in four Rouge G Le Brillant shades to dress lips in a luxurious scintillating effect.



This is a heavy beauty. I love how luxurious it feels and I know it will look good in any makeup pouch.



The SA at Changi DFS says that this is the most popular shade sold there. I managed to score the last one at that point in time, whew! I hate having my heart set on something and finding out it is sold out. Gigolo is a creamy and opaque bright plum with hints of red. It has a fair bit of shine without being overly glossy. It is such a joy to put on the formula because it is emollient and has just the right amount of slip. It doesn't bleed. It keeps my lips moisturised throughout its wear time. It also fades beautifully with wear.


Above I have comparison swatches of Rouge Automatique Illusion which is a sheered out plum and Gigolo. You can see the difference in the coverage.


Here I have comparison swatches of Gala on top and Gigolo at the bottom. You can see that Gala is definitely a red when compared with Gigolo.



I am loving my foray into plums. I didn't look like a goth queen which was what I thought I would look like. He he. It is different from my normal reds but still satisfies my urge for something bright.

I paid SGD $60.50 at DFS which I am very sure is cheaper than if I were to get this at the local counters. Rouge G are in my opinion worth their hefty price tag. You get a decadent lipstick is a beautiful casing which is guaranteed to pamper your lips and drench it with colour.

If you are looking for buy a Rouge G. I suggest you get one with a either a deep or bright luxurious colour. I think Rouge G do reds and plums beautifully. Why buy nudes and natural shades when there are so many brands out there who do natural shades well too. Choose your signature glam shade and wear it to your heart's content.

And you know what, don't save it for specially occasions only, wear it out when you feel like it. I stopped caring about what people will think if I wore a red lipstick. It's only makeup people. :)

Now people can you recommend me any more plums I should check out?

I leave you with amazing swatches of Rouge G I found on the net. Karla Sugar and The Beauty Buzz are great sources of information. 

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

7 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous on you, I love the formula of these but really dislike the chunky packaging xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw..., Clare you found it chunky? So which lipstick is your favorite in terms of formula?

      Delete
    2. I do prefer more streamlined packaging, just find these a bit cumbersome, do love the formula though :) I think my fav formulas at the moment are Tom Ford shines and Burberry lip mists x

      Delete
  2. Jacq, this shade is gorgeous!! Another plum shade u can consider is YSL volupte shine in no.5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I must check it out :) I'm dying yo see the new YSL lip and cheek products. How about you?

      Delete
  3. Oh eeee SO gorgeous!!! I'm beginning to get into plums too, but I don't tend to like the darker variety. This one is definitely not in that "too dark" zone for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must buy Sunny ;) I've been wearing it lots. My next conquest is Burberry's Bright Poppy.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.