Monday, March 10, 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette The Rebel


I just wanted to show you my Selfridges haul before I get down to reviewing my first Charlotte Tilbury eye palette. Selfridges ship internationally, however shipping costs 25 pounds so in order to make it worth your while, it makes more sense to combine your order with like minded friends. I have to thank dear Ruby of Miaka Life and Loves. Thanks babe!

I decided to risk it and buy a Jo Malone candle and Vitamin E scrub as well. It makes more sense since Jo Malone is so expensive here in Singapore.

Now what prompted me to get a Charlotte Tilbury eye palette to try. Well these two ladies are to blame, Lunaface from The Flinstone Loves Pretty who raved about The Golden Goddess eye palette she had and Sophia from The Makeup Blogette who posted her amazing Charlotte Tilbury haul. These two got me drooling and lusting over their palettes.

I was so tempted to go for a neutral palette, I was thinking of either The Golden Goddess or Dolce Vita but decided that I have way too many neutral palettes and I should go for something a little different. So I got myself The Rebel.





Charlotte Tilbury eye shadows come it a reddish brown casing that has heft. It doesn't come with any applicators at all but that isn't an issue for me. The compact is slim and study.





I was so happy when I first opened the palette. Look at all the gorgeous greens.


All the shadows are soft and pigmented. The champagne shade especially feels almost creamy to the touch. These aren't powdery at all and don't kick up dust when I use my brushes on them.

Here is my look using all four shades. First I applied the champagne shade (prime) all over my lids with a soft and fluffy brush. I love how the shade glows on my lids.


Next I used the lighter green shade (Enhance) on my lids up to my crease and added the darkest green shade (Smoke) on the outer corner of my eyes blending inwards. I also added the glittery green shade (Pop) on the inner corner of my eyes.


Finally I lined my eyes with my trusty black liquid liner.





I didn't have to worry about any fall out at all which was great. My eye shadows lasted the whole day without smudging or fading.

This palette goes for £38 which works up to about SGD $80.

I do think that Charlotte Tilbury eye shadows are gorgeously luxe and worth buying if you want to indulge. The colour range has something for everyone. The quality is up there with Tom Ford and Suqqu in my opinion. This is definitely not going to be my last quad from Charlotte Tilbury.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

15 comments:

  1. Don't you like applying eyeshadow on your bottom lashes? I think it the effect on your eyes would be very beautiful especially with those gorgeous shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lila, my eye shadows tend to smudge on the bottom lashes and I'll look like I have dark circles under my eyes so I tend not to.

      Delete
  2. beautiful colors! I wish I could wear green eyeshadows, they make me look dull

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greens suit you so well, I really love the CT palettes I have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, I'm really loving the quality of the shadows I definitely want to get more. It's either Golden goddess or Dolce vita next.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are, and the quality is fantastic too Purpleflor :)

      Delete
  5. Great pick! I don't wear green enough to justify the price tag, so it's always neutrals for me (for a start). I'm totally eyeing Dolce Vita now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quad is so pretty. I super like the color combos. It looks great on you. I think its a must try indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patricia, I think you will love this, I love the quality of the shadows.

      Delete
  7. Gasp! The eye look you created is so sexy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.