Monday, February 17, 2014

Suqqu Bright Up Lipstick 02 Hanabeni


(Taken from Suqqu website)

This creamy matte lipstick spreads smoothly and gives a brilliant, vivid shade just in one application. It combats against signs of ageing such as dullness and fine lines, whilst enhancing an enlivened, healthy look for both your lips and overall skin.


There are a total of 6 permanent shades available.


A dear friend of mine (thank you K!) was visiting London and she offered to get me some Suqqu. Even though I wanted to get my hands on one of the Christmas makeup kits I resisted and got the new Bright Up Lipstick instead. I made it hard for her and asked her to pick a shade for me instead of choosing one for myself because honestly I couldn't decide. She couldn't have picked a better shade. Hanabeni suits me to a T.



The Bright up Lipstick is very similar to the Creamy Glow lipstick in size. Both have a sleek black casing except of the shiny metal ring that differentiates the Bright up from the Creamy Glow.





Hanabeni is a warm pink on my lips. It is emollient and glides onto my lips easily. It feels hydrating too. Gorgeous formula. Wear time is slightly short. It lasts about 3 hours on my lips with sips of water but didn't survive a full meal. After removal, my lips still feel soft and supple.



I have Creamy Glow lipstick swatched on top and Bright Up swatched below. As you can see, Bright Up has a semi sheer formula whereas Creamy Glow is fully opaque. I like both formulas but it is a pity that Suqqu has decided to discontinue the Creamy Glow formula. I really love it.

I paid about SGD $50. It sells for 27 pounds at Selfridges which incidentally ships to Singapore. They still have the Creamy Glow lipsticks stocked.

I honestly don't mind shelling out SGD $50 for this lovely lipstick. Considering the fact that most of the luxe lipsticks are priced somewhere in the region. I love all the wearable shades too.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

9 comments:

  1. The lipstick is such a beautiful colour and it looks crazy creamy and luxurious :) Time for me to contemplate shelling out the moolah for Suqqu products, yet again! :)

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Phoebe, I think Suqqu makes awesome wearable lip colours, but it is so hard to decide.

      Delete
  2. Love it! i super like this lip color for its not too light and not too dark. I find it perfect for everyday wear. I will def gonna check on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice, it is a wonderfully comfortable lipstick to wear.

      Delete
  3. wow it is pricey! it looks gorgeous on you though, I might have to finally check out Suqqu prodcuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise you need to check out their spring eye shadow palettes, they are so pretty.

      Delete
  4. What a pretty shade, it really suits you. I've not tired the bright up formula yet, though seems reviews are mixed, I might buy the one from the Spring collection :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare, are you going to get the new eye shadow palettes too? I love the one with the beautiful dark khaki. I really wish they would keep the Creamy Glow formula, I love how opaque it is.

      Delete
    2. Its a shame about the creamy glows, I get the feeling that Suqqu is one of those brands that does a lot of re-inventing of formulas. I like the look of the purple shadow quad from the spring range, but I just wonder if the brown is too warm, so I'm undecided at the moment :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.