Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chanel Spring 2014 Collection Notes De Printemps Quadra Eye Shadow 537 Quadrille

Here is the final piece from the Chanel Spring Collection which I got my hands on.


To be honest, I was going to skip buying this because I was not truly excited by the colour swatches which I saw online. But after swatching it at the counter and having Ruby from Miaka Life and Loves convince me I went home with it.


Quadrille comes in the square pans instead of the normal round pans palettes. I was amazed by how soft and pigmented the finger swatches were.




The selection of colours work very harmonious together. I am in love with the rosy pink shade the most.

Here is a smoky look that I did. I am most happy with it, this quad is so easy to work with and complements my colouring very well.

I layered the pink shade on my eyelids and added the cream shade as a brow highlighter. 



For an easy smokey look. I use the darkest shade on my lids close to my lashes. The darkest shade is gorgeously pigmented and soft. I don't bother to blend yet.


I used the second darkest shade and apply it over the darkest shade and blend in with the rest of my lids. Easy peasy.



I use Burberry eye pencil in Midnight Plum to line my eyes. It is not my favourite but it matches the eye shadows here. Tada!





I bought this for SGD $87.

Chanel quads have not been on my radar for quite a while but the few recent ones I picked have been very pleasant surprises. Quadrille had excellent formula and is different from my neutrals. The colours look great on my eyes, what else could I ask for.  I'm so glad I was talked into getting this. Thanks again Ruby!

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

14 comments:

  1. this palette is beautiful:-) I wish I could get it but I am currently on 'no more eyeshadows' spending ban:-)
    I look the look you created:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daria, actually I've been telling myself to slow down and don't buy unless I really have to have it. I'll try to be good this year ;)

      Delete
  2. This palette is a must buy!!! Lol u look good wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see you using yours, do a look please!

      Delete
  3. I am glad that I picked this up to babe. The pink shade looks so nice on you, very lovely shade for all over shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Quadrille is quite a fav of many ladies. Thank you Meryl!

      Delete
  4. Hey Jacqueline, I'm glad you took this home! It's surprising how pretty that coral/pink turns out, isn't it? Love that smokey eye you did as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny! I was afraid the pink would give me swollen eye syndrome so I'm glad it didn't. It just adds to the whole spring feel.

      Delete
  5. Love it! You look stunning. I super like your eye makeup for its not too light and not too dark. Its perfect for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith, you are too kind :) this was one look I did at home and it was such a pity I didn't go out that day.

      Delete
  6. ooooooh that is just gorgeous on you, I love how you have used the colours, I didn't think of using the shades like that, gives a very different effect. I will have to try using them that way ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you used Quadrille too, thanks Clare! we have the same taste:)

      Delete
  7. Omg love the colour! It looks so beautiful on your eyes! I hope its still available.. -Tomy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tomy, thanks for leaving me a comment, go down to your local counter and gave a look, maybe they still have it.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.