Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sponsored Post: ORBIS Cleansing Liquid Moomin Limited Edition Design


I was delighted to have been given the ORBIS Cleansing Liquid to trial by the good folks at ORBIS. What a cute lovely package just in time for Christmas.

Well I have been using this cleansing liquid diligently for more than 2 weeks and I am ready to give my review about it. But before I do, here is some information about it.



(Information taken from the press kit provided)


ORBIS’s bestselling product CLEANSING LIQUID was born in 1997. It overrides the stereotype of oil-based cleansing, where oil is expected to be a requirement in skin-cleansing regimes. The term “Oil Cut”, often found in ORBIS’ range of products, draws inspiration from the complete disuse of oil in its skincare range. ORBIS hopes this concept will convey the fresh, water-based, smooth and comfortable characteristics its skincare products possess.

This Limited Edition Bottle features an adorable Finnish character Moomin* that has been popular in Japan and the rest of the world over the years. This dreamy illustration on the tinted pink bottle brightens your daily cleansing routine! Bottles are available in two sizes (150mL/380mL) with different designs.

Key ingredients

Aqua Cleansing Ingredient

ORBIS Aqua Cleansing Ingredient is an original formula of ORBIS’. It is made up of a blend of three carefully selected cleansing ingredients to target three major tough makeup impurities: foundation, mascara and lipstick. ORBIS Aqua Cleansing Ingredients blend easily with makeup and effectively removes foundation nestled within pores, sticky and stubborn mascara, and lipstick in lip wrinkles.

This water-based formula removes makeup without placing stress on the skin. Aqua Cleansing Ingredient quickly blends with water and rinses off easily with a gentle wash.

Moisture Balance Base

CLEANSING LIQUID contains more than 30% moisturizing ingredients, including the Moisture Balance Base made up of botanical moisturizing base, three types of amino acids (Serine, Glycine and Alanine which are the fundamental components of the skin’s natural moisturizing factor) and water-retaining Hyaluronic Acid. 

In addition, due to its oil-free formula, one need not fear losing the skin’s natural barrier that may easily dissolve with oil-based formula. ORBIS CLEANSING LIQUID is gentle and caring on the skin. Skin feels supple after use, no taut and dryness, thus making it suitable for people who experience dry skin.

Directions

  • Dispense 1-2 pumps and smooth over face
  • Massage gently and blend well with makeup
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • Follow by regular facial wash
May be used with wet hands or on damp face, remove excessive moisture before use






I have not heard of Moomin before so I googled Moomin and found out that Tove Marika Jansson, an author created a series of children's books on the character Moomin. They are very popular in Finland.

(Taken from This is Finland website)
Read more about Tove Jansson and Moomins here.

Back to the Cleansing Liquid shall we?

The ORBIS bottle features a plastic pump that pumps out just the right amount for my face. I find that just one pump is enough to help me get rid of my eye makeup and foundation.

The first time I used it, the consistency of the cleansing liquid reminds me of my regular cleansing oil except that it has a runnier consistency. So it doesn't feel like water, more like a thinner cleansing oil. When using it, I keep thinking cleansing oil even though it is not.


There is a very faint fragrance which I cannot for the life of me put a finger on. It is quite pleasant though. 

ORBIS Cleansing Liquid does a great job of removing my makeup. Even my really stubborn eyeliners such as my Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner come off but I still see some remaining flakes around my eye area. This can be easily addressed by using just a little bit more to massage my eye area.  After washing, ORBIS Cleansing Liquid does not leave my face tight and uncomfortable or greasy. So big thumbs up!

Price and Content: S$22.90 (150mL) / S$42.90 (380mL) (price including GST)

Price wise, it is on par to my regular drugstore cleansing oil. It is very affordable in fact for a good cleansing liquid.

Before I end off, I will like to add that if you wear makeup regular, it is of utmost importance to remove all traces of makeup when you get home. Leftover makeup will ultimately gunk up your face and cause all sorts of problems. So don't be lazy. And none of those cleansing wipes please. They are good for using at a crunch or when you are on holidays but not for regular cleansing purposes. :)

Ratings: 5 lipsticks


ORBIS counters and stores
1) Junction 8
2) Robinsons Orchard (The Heeren)

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

8 comments:

  1. Awww...the packaging is cute even the paper bag where it was placed. Well this seems like a great product to try out. I am quite impressed with its formula. I will def check on this and see if my skin will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patricia, I have a feeling you will like it :) do let me know how you feels about it when you do, I would love to know.

      Delete
  2. Dear Jacq, my Shu Uemura's cleaning oil going to run out very soon. I'm thinking to have a change as it was not wallet friendly to me. So glad to read this post and def will give a try ! Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the Shu version tok expensive to buy on a regular basis, I think you will like this Grace. It's gentle on me and yet cleanses effectively. Plus easy on the wallet. If you get it let me know how you like it.

      Delete
  3. This is a helpful review Jacq!
    I have been using Shu Uemura, Biore, and Neutrogena cleansing oil and I still wanna find more products to explore. This might be my next hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just find Shu to ex for a cleansing oil when there are others out there which is cheaper and works equally well, I think you will like this.

      Delete
  4. Hey Jacqueline, gaah that packaging is cute! I might have spotted this brand back home, but don't think it's available here in Europe. Glad to hear it's working so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying using it and I love the fact that I don't have to pay and arm and a leg for it.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.