Monday, January 20, 2014

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Spring 2014 Collection Arty Blossom palette





I was positively delighted to be given these gorgeous makeup items to try from Make Up For Ever. So many pretty things! Where to start?


Well of course I have to start with the gorgeous Arty Blossom palette. To be honest, I stopped buying Spring collection palettes because of the abundance of icy pastel shades, somehow the Arty Blossom though remaining true to the spring theme came out with a palette with pastels with an extra kick.







Left to right: Gold Plum, Metallic Copper, Gold Beige and Fresh Peach

Left to right: Fresh Pink, Turquoise Blue, Gold Green and Pearly White

I think the great selection of bright and neutral shades would take me from spring to summer if I mix and match the colours.




The above swatches are made with a primer so you can see how the colours pop. All the shadows feel soft and finely milled. I need to be gentle with a few shades though because I noticed that Gold Green crumbled ever so slightly when I pressed too hard on it to make a swatch. These apply very well on my lids and blended easily too. What I like about these colours is that you can apply like a veil of transparent colour or make it pop by layering on more.


Here I am trying Fan Shape. (My regular camera I use for my closeup eye shots is currently being take over by hubs for his kayaking trips so you will have to bear with thiese less than stellar eye swatches.)

A gentle layer of Pearly White all over my lids.


Turquoise Blue on the inner eye lids. 


Gold Green on the other lids followed by black eye liner. The wind was blowing and I have hair everywhere! Argh!



On my lips: Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait Gourmandise 


The sun was super strong that day so I could not use my usual location and I ended up in my son's room.

The stuff I used
For the second look, I'm trying to follow the Natural eye look.

I applied Fresh Pink all over my lids with a fluffy brush.


Then I applied Fresh Peach on my crease and blended with the Fresh Pink.


Finally I added my black Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner and Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 17L on my lower lash line.





I rather like this look. Anyway, my eye makeup lasted very well. It saw me through my dance classes and evening dinner.

This palette sells for SGD $75.

I love that I get 8 beautiful colours with this palette. I can mix and match it for a variety of looks. The quality of the shadows are very good. What more can I ask for?

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

5 comments:

  1. The pigmentation of these eyeshadows are beautiful! :)

    x
    Phoebe
    www.eatliveloverepeat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love is palette Phoebe :)

      Delete
  2. I want that palette! I super love the colors for they will def create beautiful looks. This is a must have and a must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having so much fun playing with this palette. You must try this Emmy.

      Delete
  3. OMG the colors look so awesome, and the color payoff seems to be such a dream. Lucky you! Looks great on you, thumbs up for both looks that you created! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.