Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Project Swap: Rouge Bunny Rouge For The Love of Roses Original Skin Blush in Gracilis, Florita and Starina swatches and review


I have heard about how nice Rouge Bunny Rouge powder blushes are but I have resisted getting any because the packaging didn't really appeal to me. SGD $47 (Luxola.com) seems a little too much to pay for a blush that comes with a simple black plastic casing. It costs USD $28 at Beautyhabit by the way.






(Taken from the Rouge Bunny Rouge website)


Original Skin Blush blends with a sheer, melting touch for a naturally luminous silky glow. A medley of active ingredients, including Uhaloa from Hawaii, (also known as Velvet-leaf) and modern technologies impart a long term brightening effect. Indian Gooseberry Extract stands guard against free radicals. Sheer pearls amplify the creamy soft touch and ensure a limpid glow. Innovative powders entwine with your skin to preserve perfection all day long. Result is 'your skin but better' effect; you’ll wonder how you blushed before.



3.5 g / 0.12 oz

Ingredients

TALC, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINTE, MICA, MYRYSTYL TRISILOXANE, C26-54 ALKYL TETRADECYL DIMETHICONE, LAURYL LACTATE, DIMETHICINE, GLYCINE SOJA OIL, ZINC STERATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STERATE, HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE TRIMETHYLOLPROPANE TRIISOSTEARATE, CHLORPHENESIN, OCTYLDODECANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, PHYLLANTHUS EMBLICA EKTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, AQUA, LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DICAPRYLIETHER, SODIUM GLUCONATE, ALGAE, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE, WALTHERIA INDICA, FERULIC ACID, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE; (+/-): CI 7789l, C 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007, CI 77510, CI 75470, CI 15850, CI 73360, CI 19149, CI 42090


Original Skin Blush comes in 6 shades.

Delicata
Florita
Gracilis
Habenera
Orpheline
Starina


The blushes come in a round sturdy black plastic casing with a mirror inside. I do like the pretty floral design but not in love with it.




Gracilis on my cheeks
Gracilis is my favourite shade of all. It is a powder pink shade with some hints of mauve. It isn't too cool instead more of a neutral pink shade.







Florita is a lovely raspberry pink shade. It gives me a just pinched my cheeks colour. Bright but wearable.




Starina is to me more of a highlighter shade than a blush per se.





The quality of these blushes are good. They are mostly matte shades with just a slight hint of shimmer. They blend well and are pigmented. They last about 5 hours on my cheeks.

Lunaface from The Flintstone Loves Pretty is head over heels over these blushes. You can read her raves here.

I like Gracilis enough to want to get it but the price is holding me back. Perhaps I will wait till there is a 20% discount promotion at Luxola before I get it. (I managed to get a 20% code from Luxola and managed to get my brand new Gracilis for SGD $37.60, I am totally happy about it)

Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try the rbr blushes and I think I will check out Florita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracy! keep an eye on the Luxola sales, it's more worth it getting at a discount.

      Delete
  2. Its good that you have been able to try these, as you know I am a big fan, I also find they last a lot longer on me that the majority of blushers. The RBR site tends to have a promo on every month so worth keeping an eye out if you do want to get some more shades :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare, it is great to hear that they do, I would love to try their liquid liners ( heard about Nocturnal Ink) and some of their eye shadows too. So what is your all time RBR fav?

      Delete
    2. I don't think I could narrow down my RBR favs as I have so many ;) If you want to try the liners I really like the Tiger Eye Essence as well. You can't go wrong with one of the loose glitter pigments and I like so many of the eye shadows, Abyssinian Catbird is a must :)
      xx

      Delete
    3. I have heard and seen the famed Abyssinian Catbird, it is gorgeous. I probably pick up eye shadows next.

      Delete
  3. Wow!!!! Pretty looking blushes. I wanna try the gracilis. I like the color for its light and seem so natural on skin. This will be my first time to try this brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Julie, I think you are going to like Gracilis a lot. If you like in Singapore! you can check out Luxola. Beautyhabit seems to be good too although I have not ordered from them before.

      Delete
  4. I only managed to snag Opheline during the Luxola sales... Everything else is soldout. But it arrived in such a terrible condition that I'm loathe to use it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no silverkis, what happened to it? Did Luxola offer to replace it? :(

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.