Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jo Malone Haul!

This is an impromptu post. I'm squeezing this in between my normal scheduled posts because I just had to tell you how much fun I had at the Jo Malone Tangs counter yesterday evening.

I had a play date with Miaka's Life and Loves yesterday, we both talked about Jo Malone and said that we wanted to get a candle from Jo Malone to try. So we met up yesterday evening for shopping and dinner.

Incidentally I received a personalised note from them two days inviting me for a hand and arm massage. What a great way to kill two birds with one stone! I made appointments for the both of us.


I do love the Jo Malone corner at Tangs. It is very cozy and classy. 


Lovely Wynn sat us down at the counter and we were offered water and biscuits.


We removed our watches and bangles and placed them in black pouches.


Before this, Wynn asked us to pick out two scents we would like to try. I have to tell you how hard it was to decide on only two scents. She asked us which scents we already owned so that she could also suggest how we could pair what we already have and what we want to try. I was torn between Earl Grey & Cucumber, Pomegranate Noir and Grapefruit. I finally decided on Pomegranate Noir and Grapefruit.


Stuff used for my hand and arm massage


First of, Wynn wiped down my arm with a Lime Basil & Madarin scented hot towel followed by a washing with a shower gel, I cannot remember which one though. She layered the scents differently on each arm to show me how the scents changed when the order was switched. It was kinda cool. On one arm I had Pomegranate Noir Body Creme massaged onto my arm then Grapefruit cologne sprayed and patted on my arm. On the other arm, it was Grapefruit Body Lotion (so I could see the difference between the body lotion and creme) and Pomegranate Noir cologne sprayed and patted on my arm. The one with Grapefruit on top had a more citrusy note whereas when Pomegranate Noir was on top, the scent was sweeter. I seriously couldn't help taking turns to sniffing both my hands.

We ended of with a fragrance shower. Here Miaka's Life and Loves is getting a recommendation of how she could layer her favourite scents and with her new buys.


Wynn I'm ready for my fragrance shower!

I was honestly quite alarmed by the liberal way she spritzed me. I normally only use one spritz per scent. I was reassured that it wasn't over the top. Anyway when we went out for dinner I didn't see anyone scrunching their noses when we walked past so it must be a good sign. I did learn that I could actually spritz my hair. I can also spritz warmer scents near my knee area when I'm wearing a dress or skirt. The scent will waft up and become lighter.


You know what, we originally just wanted to get a candle each, but we took home more than that. There were new limited edition candle scents available and I decided to take home a LE scent instead of the regular line up.



Here is the beautiful and delightful Wynn. Thank you my dear for making our evening such an enjoyable one and answering our endless questions. We learned new ways to use our scents. This is what I got for myself.






As I write this post, I have my Green Tomato Leaf candle lighted up. It fills up the whole living room and I can smell it very clearly. I can't describe it to you except that it has hints of citrus and spice. The candle lasts 45 hours and cost SGD $115.


My new scents joining my ever increasing harem of scents. Hehe! Wynn gave us some baby samples to try too.  

I am truly beginning to enjoy being surrounded by beautiful scents. Its is calming and comforting. If you are a Jo Malone fan and are wanting to try them out for the first time, why not try their hand and arm massage. It is a luxurious and pampering experience.

I'm giving my Jo Malone experience a 5+ lipstick rating.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi there, yes you do need to make an appointment. Call the number on the card, it's on the first picture I posted. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! Grapefruit really is a good scent - girlish yet unisex. I fell in love with the Basil/Citrus/Mandarin one but the drydown was a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a perfumr noob, what's a dry down? Dies it mean that when it cologne dries and settles on the skin, the scent was very faint?

      Delete
    2. The drydown left over on the skin over a period of time is the remnants, or sometimes a mix of the layering notes or the base of the scent.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for clearing that up for me Joyce :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time, I love Jo Malone, I have a store about 5 mins away from where I work..deadly...
    My fav scents are the Peony & Blush Suede & English Pear & Freesia
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clare, it's deadly alright, they are so expensive here, a small bottle of cologne costs $98 as compared to usd $60. What an expensive addiction.

      Delete
  4. Wynn is my regular BA - I love how she is just so so nice. She is never pushy and really helps. Fragrance is an addiction - I love all my fragrances so so so much. You need to try Diptyque if you haven't already. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kas, I think Dipytique will certainly be my next on my list. I actually passed by the Diptyque counter at Tangs but every time I tried to sniff the candles I don't seem to be able to smell them that well. I'm worried they won't smell strongly enough for me.

      Delete
    2. I have OFresia EDP from Diptyque (my mom has Olene) - very very nice; freesia and black pepper; it's one of those "what is that again?" fragrances :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Kas for the recc, I'll definitely check them out. What is the price range if I may ask?

      Delete
  5. i love the baby fragrances that you were gifted! I was given one and its leaking on me. haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Carol! Which one did you get? Do you like it?

      Delete
  6. I've recently gotten into Diptyque myself and I can't stop with the candles! UGH. Brings such happy thoughts! :-) Im glad Jo Malone isn't available here else I would suffer major bankruptcy, lol. I love how you got the whole Jo Malone pampering. My fave scent is the ever famous Nectarine Blossom. I like Mandarin and Lime Basil, too but it reminds me too much of tequila shots, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sharina, my next candle to try is Diptyque. What are the Dipytique candles that you like? I think candles will be the death of me, I can't get enough. I have sample vials of nectarine blossom and mandarin and lime basil, both a lovely scents too. Haha I'm going to sniff the lime basil one more often if it smells like tequila. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.