Friday, December 27, 2013

Yes Maldives again!



You must be wondering, what again? I was in Maldives back in June and I'm back and yes to the same resort. A month after coming back to the Maldives, hubs and I had a discussion about where to go for the December holidays and I mentioned Maldives. Hubs was totally for the idea and so here we are.

Why Centara Grand again? Why not? We loved the service there the first time round and nothing beats the all inclusive package provided. We really did not need to worry about excursions, food or even spa treatments. Everything was included in the price.

Anyway I let the pictures do the talking. Perhaps you can see why I love this place so much. Warning though, this is a picture heavy post.

Luxury Sunset Villas


We managed to get a villa with a great location. It faces outwards towards the edge of the atoll and the waters are slightly deeper which meant that on high tides we could swim out to the edge of the atoll. This means more fish especially the bigger ones.





I love my quiet times in the morning before my "boys" wake up and create a ruckus. I get a book and a cup of tea or milo and sit right at the edge with my feet dangling out and watch the fish and feel the breeze on my face. Nothing beats the sound of waves, the early morning sun and the smell of the sea.



Here are pictures of the surrounding areas.






These are the lovely ladies at the Island Club who took very good care of us during our visit. I'm surprised that the staff remember us.


Hubs finally decided to pursue his diving dream and take up the PADI course. That meant that DS and I were by ourselves most of the time. I snorkelled at the reef around our villa by myself as DS was still afraid of swimming out there. He prefers the lagoon. I am truly over my fear of snorkelling and managed to swim quite far out by myself to explore. Here are some pictures I took of the marine life.




Our villa from the distance. DS helped to keep a watch out for me while I snorkelled.

Blue Surgeonfish
Meyer's Butterfly Fish
Moorish Idol
Black tipped reef shark
I was very excited to catch a glimpse of a reef shark. I was following it around from a distance and then it switched directions and swam towards my way. I kinda freaked out. I know reef sharks are harmless but when you see one heading your way being a city folk it is still freaky.


I was right in the middle of this school of fish.

Black spotted puffer fish
Parrot Fish


Not sure what this is but I name it Camo Fish!

Stingray
Express Angelfish

Oriental Sweetlips
I have no idea what this is

Hubs encountered a sea turtle during his practice dive and managed to take this amazing picture.

I hope I named the fish I saw correctly, if I'm wrong do let me know. Would I go to Maldives again? In a heartbeat people! Male is just 4 hours away from Singapore and that is a bug bonus for me because my family hates being stuck in a plane for long. I will probably visit another resort the next time round though .

What is your favourite vacation?





16 comments:

  1. I'm speechless… the beauty and serenity of the place speaks volumes. And i can understand why you would want to return time and again. These are what vacations are made of… and should rightfully be. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your family there! Happy to hear of your adventures :) And also proud of you that you managed to overcome your fear of snorkeling! :) Great job babe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... Joy thank you so much. I just returned from watching the movie The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and I'm inspired to have more adventures in 2014 :)

      Delete
  2. WOW it looks amazing! The Maldives has always been a place I want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You painted a breathtakingly beautiful review! I think traveling becomes a part of our blood and it's hard not to travel when given the opportunity. Keep living and enjoying life with family because those are the times that's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travelling is indeed one of life's joys. And being able to share such beauty with loved ones is truly precious.

      Delete
  4. Wah !! great trip ! great pictures ! great family holiday ! big thumb up ! I never been to Maldives, perhaps will be our next holiday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it Grace, Maldives is very accessible as it is so near to a Singapore, go!

      Delete
  5. I was looking through on your instagram pictures and really they are amazing! The blue ocean and how clear the water is! and I am amazed that you could find a shark when you were snorkeling, I can understand how scary it must be (although that shark is not dangerous for human being) :)
    Glad that you enjoyed the holiday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meryl :) call me the fish stalker, I was trying to take as many different types of fish I could find. I close my eyes and I can still recall the sounds of the waves and the serenity.

      Delete
  6. Maldives is too beautiful for a one-time-only visit! I've been carefully planning out my travels for next year, and still deliberating between this and Greece! Love your pictures of the horizon, particularly that of the sun setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Greece would be a lovely place to visit. If you love to wander and explore and you are the happiest doing that I think Greece would be perfect but if you want to take it easy and relax Maldives would be perfect. I'm so happy with the sunset shot too, it only happened on one day that we were there.

      Delete
  7. The water is so insanely clear! Wonderful pictures :) I would love to go snorkeling there <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda, I was in love with the colour of the water, it shone like jewels in bright sun light. The snorkeling is amazing.

      Delete
  8. All your pictures look so gorgeous! I'm really tempted to go to Maldives now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna you must go! I want to hear all about your Hokkaido trip babe when we meet up, I'm inspired to make a trip to Japan in 2014.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.