Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Project Swap: Marc Jacobs Shameless Bold Blush in Obsessed


Good morning dear readers! I hope everyone is well. I have for you today Marc Jacobs blush in Shameless for you. When Lunaface from the Flintstone Loves the Pretty showed this blush to me, I was very excited. I have been reading and seeing a lot about Marc Jacob's beauty line and have read good things about them. 


(Taken from Marc Jacob's beauty website)


Creamy finish powder. Pure unadulterated color. Sculpted result.
Inspired by Marc’s favorite tattoo, Shameless Bold Blush says you should never apologize. This patented powder brings an unprecedented vibrancy to your cheeks. Sleek on the outside, seriously generous on the inside with pure unadulterated color. Create a look that’s powerful. Lavish. Shameless.


There are a total of 9 shades available.

You can check out all the swatches of his blushes over at Weekend Ramblings.


I think the blush compact is very cute and kinda sleek but I don't understand the need for such a big pouch and box considering how tiny the actual blush is. I don't understand the inclusion of the blush which I have to say is not the best in quality. I wouldn't use it at all.


Scratchy brush!

I like the rounded corners. Pressing that button, pops up the cover.





Obsessed is a pretty coral blush. It looks really bold and bright in the pan but translates to a sheer coral pink shade. It isn't very pigmented and it takes a few swipes of my Koyudo brush to pick up enough pigment on my cheeks. Kind not what expected for USD $30. I was hoping that it would be more pigmented.

It blends easily onto my skin and feels soft in texture. It has a satiny look to it. I did find that it faded after about 3 hours and I needed to reapply.

If you do not like fragrances, you will be happy to know that it does not have a scent.




I wore Obsessed out when I met dear Joy from Look Nook Hook recently. 

I love meeting my girlfriends for girly lunches, don't you? She helped me to pick out my first Jo Malone scents.

I am not a perfume wearer because many perfumes either give me a headache or make me sneeze as they are too strong. I have never bought perfume for myself before but I was very intrigued by Jo Malone after hearing Tracy from Tracy's Beauty Blog (hey sweetie!) rave about them. Then dear KS my pole buddy (my sweet!) generously gave a sample of Nectarine Blossom and Honey to try. I kinda got hooked. So I told myself I want a scent as a Christmas present to myself.
Dear Joy and moi

I am a big sucker for pretty boxes. Isn't this like the nicest thing evah? I don't mind opening more of such boxes.




Instead of getting one, I got two instead. These are light scents which I can wear comfortably and yet smell awesome. Hehe! Incidentally these are highly marked up here in Singapore. the 30ml bottle costs SGD $97 as compared to USD $60. Unfortunately this isn't something I can buy online. 

Oh dear, I digressed! Let me get back to Obsessed.

For USD $30, I was hoping for better quality. I like my blush to be of medium pigmentation. This blush takes quite a bit of effort for it to show up on me considering that it is named Shameless Bold. I am not wowed by this. I am glad to have the opportunity to try this but I don't think I will be shelling out money to buy this for myself.

You can check out how Lunaface feels about this blush here.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. haha. these 2 scents are my favorite too! good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using them everyday whether I go out or not. I am in love Carol :)

      Delete
  2. It looks so pigmented, too bad it's not as bold as the shown colour. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Elrica, I'm glad I didn't need to pay for this.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.