Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mini birthday getaway


My surname was misspelled but hey it is the thought that counts. I just hit 40 recently. Yes you read it right, I can't believe I'm actually 40. Sigh. I'm not happy being 40. I'm very vain and honestly dread aging. There is nothing I can do to stop time can I so best I move on and make the best of what I have.

As the year comes to a close I look back at all the amazing experiences I had and the fact that I'm surrounded by my loved ones, actually I am a really lucky girl. I couldn't ask for more and I shall not.

I'm tying in my blog anniversary with my birthday because honestly I cannot remember the exact date I started blogging. I started off blogging on Live Journal back in 2008 and in that same year I moved to blog spot. This blog has been running for almost 5 years now. I want to give you my dear readers a hug, thank you for indulging in this vain pot and giving me a place for me to show you my passion. Beauty, food and dance/ pole! 

I look back at my old pictures posted back then and I'm cringing with embarrassment. I hope that through the years, my picture taking skills have improved. I won't even mention photography because what I do is just point and shoot and hope for the best!

I'm not going to ramble on, I just wanted to share with your some pictures I took from my mini birthday getaway.












I love me a good churros and though I haven't eaten many, this was just so good. Totally worth the calories.




A visitor in our villa. Nicknamed the Peeping Tom. He is always looking in to see what we were doing.


My favourite breakfast is a well done eggs benedict.


DS got very close and took a picture of this handsome fella. He is such a show off.


That's my DS enjoying the sun. Singapore has been really rainy and cold lately so we were lucky to get pockets of sunshine.

I guess I'm looking forward to what holds for me next year. I'm going to keep enjoying what God has given me and appreciate what I have. And yup I'm going to nail that pole move that I haven't been able to do yet.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, Jac! Cheers to another exciting chapter of your life! Embrace it and cherish the memories you are about to make! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... thank you Joyce. Yes I agree on the embracing bit. I will embrace 2014.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday, Jacqueline!!! Love Capella!!!! Looks like you had a great time, and 40 is just a number...you look gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Silverkris, we indeed has the best time there, I ate so much :) I'm definitely not going to let a little thing like age stop me from doing what I want to do.

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday Hot mama! You are gorgeous!
    I have been enjoying your blog for quite some time and please keep posting as reading it makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Meryl thank you for the encouragement. It has been such a pleasure to have found you through blogging. I really treasure the friendships I made through this. Hugs!

      Delete
    2. Definitely my dear!
      Let's meet up for CNY soon okay :*

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Jacqueline!

    I can't imagine you being 40, you look like you are in early or mid 30s tops!

    x

    Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rena, you are very kind! I want to stay looking like I'm in my mid 30s as long as I can hehe!

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.