Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lancome Artliner 24H 03 Sapphire


I have been so stuck with black eye liners that I wanted to break out of that and try something colorful. I have always been looking for THE blue eye liner. As much as I like teals and turquoise, they don't look as good on me as a blue eye liner. I do own a Make Up For Ever Aqua liner but it is in a navy blue. I really want my blue to pop.

There are a total of 10 shades available. 


(Information taken from Lancome US website)



Effortless Precision. Bold liquid color. Vinyl finish.

A vinyl-finish, liquid eyeliner that lasts 24 hours and won't smudge or budge. 

With its precision-tip foam applicator, this innovative formula delivers vibrant wear with no feathering, flaking, or fading. Its unique wet-vinyl finish, inspired by the sheen of patent leather shoes, goes on smooth without ever skipping. From a sophisticated cat eye to a daring double-liner look, color stays vibrant with a vinyl-like finish for 24 hours. 


Tips & Tricks: Shake well before applying for the boldest color and most precise line. Apply to clean, dry skin. For optimal removal, use Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover.


Ingredients: AQUA / WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL , PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE, TIN OXIDE, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SORBITOL, SODIUM COCOYL APPLE AMINO ACIDS, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, SILICA, ALUMINA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, LAURETH-2 BENZOATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLPARABEN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, [+/- MAY CONTAIN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77491, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77510 / FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA]



The applicator looks very much like the Make Up For Ever version. It is a foam tip that is bendy. It is very easy to line my eyes with this.



 The formula is wet but it dries fast. I just love this blue, it is so bright and cheerful.


I find the formula very much like the Make Up For Ever version too. It stays on very well, it doesn't flake on me. I wouldn't say it is 100% smudge proof or water proof, on some occasion where I was very teary, it did fade but minimally. It was able to last my long work day relatively intact. It didn't look like when I first applied it but it still looked good.

I must warn you though that it is quite hard to remove so a good eye makeup remover is needed. Hold the soaked cotton pad for a little longer that you would normally do for your other liners.


The Artliner 24H and the regular Artliner is quite different. The applicators are different and so is the formula.

Here is a very simple eye look I did. The blue must be the star of the show so on my lids I have a wash of Laura Mercier's Rose Gold Caviar Stick. For the line to be totally opaque I needed two coats.



As you can see, the colour gets onto my lashes too.




As I mentioned before, I feel that MUFE Aqua Liners and this Artliner 24H are similar in applicator and formula. Artliners cost USD $30 whereas the MUFE Aqua Liner costs USD $23. I would pick the Aqua Liners over the Artliners if I wanted to get the black shade. That being said, MUFE doesn't have a shade quite like this gorgeous blue. So I don't mind paying a little more for this.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

2 comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.