Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Favourites for 2013

Hi everyone! Its about 10 hours before 2014 and I thought I would wrap up what I enjoyed for 2013. Some were bought this year and some are very favourites for quite a while.


I have always been quite a blush hoarder and for me the Chanel cream blushers were the ones that blew me away. I love its longevity and overall look and can't wait to get more when the Spring 2014 collection comes out. I have my eye on Intonation. I discovered new favourites Rouge Bunny Rouge. I think the Blush Wand and the Original Skin blush in Gracilis is simply beautiful. Above are some of the rest of my blush collection that I reach out often this year.


I love the versatility and the quality of these overall palettes. As you can see I lean towards neutrals.


These are m eye shadow singles that I can't live without. I have been using Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick in Rosegold as a base lid colour almost everytime I put on makeup. The Chanel Illusion d'ombres and still on of my favourite cream eye shadows and Burberry is hard to beat. 


These are the lipsticks I don't mind buying more of.


This is the year for makeup brushes for me. I kinda went into a mini brush hoarding frenzy. These are some of my favourite and most used brushes.


Finally, some non makeup items. I'm a noob when it comes to matching accessories with my outfits so I don't buy that many. But these are the two arm candies that I really love. And I must show my new loves, my Jo Malone scents. I have been wearing them everyday whether I'm going  out or not. Being surrounded by such beautiful scents are indeed comforting an glorious. 

I hope 2013 has been an awesome year for you like it was for me. I had my ups and downs but all in all this has been a great year for me. I am now officially 40 and a dance instructor. I have visited my bucket list destination not once but twice, conquered my fear of snorkelling and am gaining strength for my pole dance. 

Here are some of my favourite 2013 pictures in no particular order.















video


I took this video of some pole moves I have been practicing for a really long time. It is called a shoulder mount followed by a caterpillar climb and a dismount. I am so glad I am finally able to mount the pole without help. The caterpillar climb needs more work but I'm very happy with it.

For 2014 I want to be more open to new experiences and try not to be so afraid to try new things. What about you?

16 comments:

  1. The blushes you picked are so gorgeous! I love how they are all a little peachy :D Your blog is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Happy New Year. I love my blushes with peach and coral tones best, they look the most natural on me, thank you so much for taking the time out to read my blog :) have a beautiful year ahead Vintage.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! :D Also, excuse my ignorance, but where was the last picture taken? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Coco! It was taken in the Maldives, it's like my most favorite place in the world :) have a great year ahead.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, happy new year! Look at all the pretties you have! *grabby hands* Seems like you had a lot of fun in 2013. I hope 2014 will be an even better year for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny, you are always welcomed to 'grab' my pretty things ;) lol I did have an amazing year, it's all in the perspective I think, I choose to not remember all the bad things. My dear I hope 2014 will be an awesome year for you too.

      Delete
  4. Dear Jacq, your blog have been inspire me in a long good way. And I sincerely wish happy and blessed new year to you and your loved one with good health, weath and lots of joy ! *loves and hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Grace, to hear you say that you have enjoyed my blog is all a girl can ask for , thank you so much for being 'here' for me and encouraging me on. I hope you will continue to enjoy my blog. May this year be filled with wonderful things for you and your family too, hugs and kisses to you. I want to reach over cyberspace and give you a big hug right now.

      Delete
  5. Ohh.... i see so many of my faves here, esp those Koyudo brushes!!! Looks like you had so much fun... Maldives too!! Aaahhh... i'm dreaming of vacay already! Have a fantastic year ahead Jacq!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love my Koyudo brushes :) My dear I hope you have a great New Year too.

      Delete
  6. Hey Jacq,
    What a lovely pick you have in 2013! I can see lots of neutral eyeshadows there and that Koyufo Fu Pa is calling my name :D

    Thank you for the friendship we have through blogging world and we must catch up soon ya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl you must get the Koyudo Fu Pa, it is really darn good. :) I treasure our friendship too Meryl, I'm so lucky to have met you and made friends with you. Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Happy new year, dear Jacq! I've enjoyed watching you grow and blossom this year (oh gosh, I sound like an old auntie). Your smile and energy are infectious! I don't have much to say now, EXCEPT...
    ...GIRL, I think I may have found the eyeliner of all eyeliners. That can withstand our teary eyes! Hallelujah!
    I had a great outing with it last night. No raccoon eyes and no transfer from my tightline to the bottom waterline. I'm going test a little more in case last night was a one-off. Then I'll tell you what it is!

    ps You should check out the RMK Mix Colour For Cheek blushes. Ignore the awkward name. They may not show up on your complexion, but it's worth it to check. I think RMK is easy for you to find, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Boo Boo :) I can't wait to hear about this treasure of an eyeliner, you must spill the details once you are ready.
      My dear, thank you for following me on my journey of life, I'm glad to have 'met' you and treasure all yourcments and correspondences. You mean a lot! I hope it will be a glorious year for you. Whatever it is you want to do just do it, life is too short to worry.
      I think I saw the RMK blushes, they look really nice. I'll check them out when I wander to town one of these days. Nowadays I have only to time to online shop.

      Delete
    2. I don't wear makeup everyday, hence the delay in reporting my eyeliner findings.
      Would you believe there are *two* contenders?
      The RMK 04 Coral Beige blush trio is one of my two favourite blushes of 2013. It's so easy to wear. I was fortunate enough to win it, otherwise RMK would have remained another one of those far-away, unattainable foreign brands.

      Delete
    3. Hey Boo Boo, ooh you got me all excited, I want to hear all about them when you are ready to spill the beans. :) Lucky you to have won the RMK blush, I checked it out online and it is really pretty. The more unattainable some things are, the more we want them eh? I have developed a very unhealthy curiosity over Addiction and Three makeup. Thankfully they are not available in Singapore.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.