Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadow No. 661 Meteore

I meant to visit the Dior counter to try out a Rouge Dior lipstick and look what I returned home with. Hides face. I am terrible.


I really did not want to pick up any of the New Dior cream shadows. I read that they are very similar to Chanel Illusion d'Ombres which I adore and from what I have seen, their colours are quite similar.



There are altogether 8 shades available.

001 Lune
021 Etoile
081 Adventure
281 Cosmos
381 Millennium
661 Meteore
821 Chimere
881 Hynotique

Paris from My Woman Stuff has some really gorgeous swatches here.

I only managed to swatch Meteore at the counter which I guess was a lucky thing because I might have gone home with more than one of these. The reason I homed in on Meteore was the fact that Chanel Illusion d'ombres do not have a bronzy gold shade yet.


As you can see, these are housed in glass pots. I hope it won't dry out too soon. It comes with a little sponge applicator which I have forgotten to take pictures of. My bad. It feels cheap but I find it useful.





Meteore is a lovely shimmery copper bronze shade. It has the same spongy texture of the Chanel Illusion d'Ombres.

I love warm colours! Here I have Meteore all over my lids. I used my fingers to sweep it all over my lids and used the given sponge applicator to apply a heavier application close to my lids.



Meteore stays on my lids the entire day without any fall out. I just love how sparkly it is. Adult sparkle that is, not Barbie sparkle. It is selling for SGD $52. Priced exactly like the Chanel Illusion d'Ombres. Quite a bit of change but I'm glad to part with my change. Meteore is an everyday shade that can be used sheer or with kapow if you know what I mean.



I have here comparison swatches between Meteore (on the left) and Chanel Illusion d'ombre Initiation (on the right). Please pardon the bumpy skin. I am currently suffering from a skin allergy that's driving me nuts with the itching. Initiation has more brown to it.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

9 comments:

  1. Great review! I will def check on this. Love the shade of the Meteore and i think its perfect for my skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jules it is such a lovely lid shade, you will love it.

      Delete
  2. LOL babe I can totally relate to this! Buying more than what I have planned *sighed*
    I swatched the cream e/s few weeks ago and really tempted to buy but I resisted. I need to find the right color :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meryl, you might like Chimere which is a pretty pink toned shade.

      Delete
  3. I swatched these too at Sephora, and was sorely tempted.. but ended up resisting.. like I've been with the Chanel.. I think I can only fit in GA's ETKs into my life when it comes to single pot shadows =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean. My drawer is full of my pot eye shadows and honestly there isn't enough space for them anymore, I can't help myself sometimes.

      Delete
  4. I understand what you mean. My drawer is full of my pot eye shadows and honestly there isn't enough space for them anymore, I can't help myself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beauty on you, Jacqueline! I haven't used many warm shades for a while, but this one makes me want to take them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sunny, take it out and give it some loving. I'm thinking of getting Cosmos, do you have that shade?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.