Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dior Rouge Dior No. 766 Rose Harpers


I have been hearing good things about the Rouge Diors that I had to try one out. 

I think I will put the blame on Sunny from Mostly Sunny for posting such delectable reviews of her Rouge Diors. I love every colour she has posted.


When I was at the counter I did notice two versions, the Rouge Diors and the Rouge Dior Nudes. From what I gathered from the SA there, the Rouge Dior Nudes feature a more sheerer finish. If you want more information about the Roue Diors, Sophia from The Makeup Blogette has an excellent detailed write up on the here

Incidentally as I was trawling the net for swatches, I notice that Darling and Trafalgar looks different. The swatches and numbering on Sunny's blog look more intense and pigmented where as the swatches on Sophia's blog shown here are much lighter and sheerer. Could it that in Asia we get the more toned down version. So confusing! 



(Information take from Sephora website)


What it is:
An ultra-nourishing, long-wearing formula, in a haute couture color.

What it does:
This extraordinary lipstick does what most long-wearing lip colors do not. It dresses your lips in voluptuous, long-wearing color, while simultaneously providing definition, moisture and nourishment to the lips.

What else you need to know:
Rouge Dior Lipcolor is available in luminous shades, each of which is luxuriously packaged in the House of Dior's signature Cannage pattern with a bejeweled Christian Dior emblem.

Research results:
-89% of women had more hydrated lips.
-96% of women had improved definition on the lips' outline.

There are a total of 40 shades to choose from. You can find them at the Dior website.







The reason why I chose Rose Harper was because I wanted to use it during my dance performance in October. I didn't want to use my usual red lip colours because it would clash with the pink bralette we had to wear. Even though I had dozens of pinks and fuchsias that would suit perfectly I wanted a new pink colour. I know, I am terrible like that. Nothing boosts confidence like a new piece of makeup eh?


Here I am wearing Rose Harper for my performance.


Here I have used Dior's Lip liner in Holiday Red and Rose Harper. Rose Harper is a bright cool fuchsia on my lips.


Currently my top 3 lipsticks that I love are Number 1 Giorgio Armani's Rouge d'Armani, Number 2 Burberry Lip Covers and Number 3 Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick.  I like my lipsticks to be creamy without the heavy feeling. Emollient and moist and also pigmented.


Rose Harper is gorgeously pigmented and gives true colour on first swipe. What you see in the tube is what you get. It feels creamy and emollient when applied. It also feels very lightweight. It isn't the most long lasting lipstick though. It lasts for about 4 hours. After sips of water and a sandwich, the colour begins to fade unevenly which was a little disappointing for me. I had to touch up to make sure it looked fresh again on me. It also left me with slightly dry lips.

This costs SGD $47 slightly higher that the Burberry and Chanel offerings. I hoped that for $47 I would get something that would be kinder to my lips and wear better throughout the day.

I still would like to try another colour from the range. Perhaps the fact that Rose Harper is a bright colour makes it very obvious when it fades. 

Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Rose Harper is a stunning shade on you! I do like the formula, I went for the more pink, peach shades but might pick up a more dramatic one next time :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare, as much as I love the shade I'm not totally head over heels with the formula. I'm not sure why, I'm still going to get another shade to try though.

      Delete
  2. Dear Jacq, you always look great with any bright lippie !! Love all your post as always !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace my dear, thank you so much for taking your time to read my silly ramblings. :)

      Delete
  3. I was attracted by this shade too, gave it a swatch and it looked too similar with Rose Paris by YSL which I have. Dior's quality is much much better tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, I for one always go to the same kind of shades, I can't seem to stay away from them.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.