Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chanel Holiday Collection 2013 Collection Nuit Infinie De Chanel Joues Contraste No. 84 Accent


I kinda stopped buying Chanel Joues Contraste for a while because I have all the shades I need at the moment. However the moment I saw Accent, I knew I had to have it. It is a shade I don't usually wear (I'm more a coral/peach blush wearer). I was contemplating whether to get it from the counters here in Singapore or to order it from Sak's Fifth. Ruby from Miaka Life and Loves and Meryl from memoiselle.com were very convincing in their argument that the US version would be better. So all three of us order one for ourselves.

You can read Miaka Life and Loves review here and Memoiselle's version here. I am like the slowest to review.


I looked at the back of the box, it still says Made in France which is exactly the same as all my other JCs which I bought in Singapore. Would the ones which come from the US say Made in US? Anyway I did a check, apparently the US versions also say Made in France. What I found out was that the US version are 6g in weight whereas the non-US versions say 4g. I did a check and yup there is a weight difference. So know you know how to tell the difference between both versions through the packaging.



Check out Cafe Makeup's take on the US and non-US version here and Sweet MakeupTemptation over here.





I profess, I definitely prefer the pressed powder version as compared to the baked version we find in Singapore. I find it easier to pick up pigment. I find my old JCs hard now and it takes many swipes to get the pigment I want.

This Accent kicks up a fair bit of powder. The first time I used Accent, I used my Koyudo brush to swipe the pan. I was a bit heavy handed because I normally would use the same amount of effort to pick up my JC blush. I was very surprised to see the large amount of pigment I picked up.

That being said, there is always have a special place in my makeup heart for Chanel JC blushes. I remember my first one, Tea Rose. Chanel makes beautiful wearable colours. Their formula is refined and I love how it blends into my skin. It always gives me a natural blush by melding with my skin instead of sitting on top of it.

Accent is a muted brown rose shade. I love pairing this with my red lips for a more contoured and defined cheek look. It is shimmery but in a subtle way.



I'll be buying my Chanel blushes online from now on. This retails for USD $43.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

20 comments:

  1. Yes! The US versions are so much better! I've told myself that from now on i'll only get Chanel blushes from the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you hear there is a new JC blush called Emotion? It's quite pretty.

      Delete
    2. nope.. I haven't been keeping track of the JCs after deciding I wasn't going to buy the intl version anymore.. Trying to keep myself from ordering the US ones too.. haha

      Delete
    3. Good for you Luna. Unless they come up with something really pretty looking then I'll have a look.

      Delete
  2. Accent is also my first pressed powder Chanel JC. I was also wondering abt its place of production so thanks for the clarification! I'm still trying it out with different brushes but so far I like it as a contouring colour applied with a flat angled brush. Btw, I was very surprised to detect a very subtle floral scent. I'd never come across any mention that Chanel JCs are scented. I like the scent and wish it were slightly stronger! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nonno, I'm going to sniff my blush now. Yes it does and I agree it's quite lovely. Which brush are you using for it Nonno?

      Delete
  3. it looks great on you! if it wasn't so shimmery, I'd totally pick it up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, the shimmer is quite subtle so I think you can totally pull it off :)

      Delete
    2. but I would like to use it for contouring

      Delete
    3. Oh I see, have you tried Burberry's Earthy? I love using that as a subtle contour.

      Delete
    4. no I haven't but I just googled it and I love it:-) I'm not too keen on spending £20 for shipping

      Delete
    5. Nothing is worth paying extra $ for, I didn't realise you couldn't get Burberry from where you are. :(

      Delete
  4. Oh hey, I don't think the shades are identical! The US version looks darker in a way, but it's gorgeous anyways! I have the non-US version of this one, and I do love it. It is pigmented and smooth enough for me to forget about how it is not actually a regular pressed blush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So strange. I wish makeup companies didn't see the need to have different versions of stuff. I don't understand why there is a need for two versions of Accent.

      Delete
  5. This shade really suits you! I really wish Chanel would stop having different formulas across the world, I always find it very odd.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Why would they think that we would be happy with the baked version, makes no sense. And apparently the baked version of Accent is lighter than the US version. I have to verify this though.

      Delete
  6. The US version is baked i think that's why the weight diff... but i'm not sure how it looks different in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Silverkris, I just find it very confusing don't you? Why do we need different versions? Did you buy yours in Singapore? If only there is a way for us to compare the two :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.