Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black




(Information taken from Sephora website)

Finally, a waterproof liquid liner that glides on with ease, won't smudge or run, and stays in place until you say when! 
The thin marker-like tip is easy to use even for the least experienced, and delivers a defined thin line to a dramatic bold line with precision. 
Goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, and lasts all day! 

Key Benefits:
Waterproof and easy-to-use, Goes on smoothly without skipping, Lasts all day long!

Shades:
Intense Black
Dark Brown
Indigo
Alloy
Moss

Size: 0.016 oz.



I cannot do without a good liquid eye liner. After testing pencils, gel liners and liquid liners for years, I have grown to love liquid liners especially those that come in a pen form. That is because they are very easy to use and travel friendly.

My big issue is finding one that last on oily lids and constantly teary eyes. ( I wake up very early most mornings and I tend to yawn a lot in the morning which causes tearing and totally messes up my eye makeup)

I read about the Stila liquid liner and decided to give it a go. In fact, this liner right here is my second tube. 



The liquid liner comes in a slim pen form. The nib is firm and precise and makes the nicest fine lines. I love creating a fine cat eye flick with this.

The flow of the ink is constant. It does not skip or drag on my lids. The colour is opaque and one pass gives you a very black line.

Unfortunately, it isn't truly waterproof. On good days it holds up well and on some days it smudges but thankfully not very badly. I'm silly but I like using my Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner which is totally water proof to tight line and line my eyes and then go over with the Stila liquid liner to make sure the lines look crisp, precise and generally look better.

The following liquid liners are the ones I use the most often. I will do a review on the Lancome Artliner later.


Top to bottom: Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner and Lancome Artliner
This goes for USD $20.

If you have no oily lid issues or teary eyes honestly a cheaper pen liquid liner from Dolly Wink or Clio will probably work wonderful on you. I tried those but they did not work well on me. This one does to a certain extend so long as I don't tear. I wish it was truly waterproof  though.


Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Both Lancome & MUFE eyeliner works very nicely on me. They stay all day without smudge. I have yet to try this Stila eyeliner but I guess I am now happy with my MUFE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick to the MUFE one Meryl, I am the kind that need many eye liners, I don't know why.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacqueline, I'm glad to hear you love this one so much! I have tried Dolly Wink but I don't like the lack of pigment or the tip, and my lids are definitely on the oilier side, so I might give this a go some day! I'm curious about Clio as well though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will probably love the Clio ones. Do you prefer the pencil versions or the liquid liners?

      Delete
  3. I'm glad we have Stila here because you made me want to try this. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will like this I think, your lids are better than mine. Less oily.

      Delete
  4. I love this eyeliner! Its so easy to apply, and it lasts all day on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I have to agree that it is one of the easiest to apply and carry around. I wish it would last longer on my lids.

      Delete
  5. Oh Jacqueline, we are Teary Eye sisters! You're the only blogger I've encountered who suffers from tear-inducing yawns, yawns a lot due to early mornings, and has hooded eyes. I also sometimes yawn in the early evening or if I'm sitting in a lecture -- it doesn't matter if I'm interested in the lecture; I seem to yawn when I'm not allowed to get up and move around. (Yes, I am strange.) Like you, I have yet to find the ideal eyeliner.

    My dream eyeliner would be waterproof/resistant, sweatproof/resistant, applies smoothly on the lashline and upper waterline, doesn't transfer from the upper waterline to the lower waterline (I've been playing around with using a nude liner on my lower waterline), and doesn't smear or smudge when my eyes tear up. Panda eyes are not allowed, no matter how subtle.

    I've been going through your previous reviews and I WILL be getting the black Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner.
    I'm sad this Stila liner smudges on you. It'll probably smudge on me too. This is disappointing as I like that type of pen tip. :( Nuts! :( I'd heard such great things about it and the Giorgio Armani waterproof eyeliner (It's one of Rae from RAEviewer's HGs). I guess I don't need to try those out. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natty my dear I am so sorry I deleted your previous comment by accident. I tried reinstating it and I left you a reply, did you see it? :)
      I'm doing a girly squeal as I write this, I have not met another person with the same kind of problem as me before. Don't you just hate it? I don't know how many times I had to rush to the toilet after reaching work to fix patch of smudged eye makeup.
      You just described my HG liner too, something that it easy to use, makes crisp sharp lines and won't disappear until I want it to. I got to warn you that the MUFE one is tenacious, so be gentle on your eyes and soak it with eye makeup remover for longer than you normally would to remove it. Don't try the GA one, although creamy, it smudges on me and worst of all is also very difficult to wash off.
      I tried emailing you at your old email, I wonder if you are still using it. I would really love to keep in touch.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.