Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara


(Taken from the press kit)

THE STORY
“Some women opt for a natural look while others prefer more sophisticated make-up, but the one common thing that all women want is the intense, compelling gaze that comes with clearly defined, visible lashes. A fanned fringe of lashes that packs a powerful look. An extra edge to the eyes that lets you flaunt your natural charisma. Smoky Extravagant is the new mascara for impact and precision combined. It is the ideal tool for women who like their lashes to be noticeable and yet clearly separated, with XL length, volume and fine curl, extending all the way from the base to the tip. To illustrate this dual effect, I played with the codes of screen and stage, using close-ups to highlight the precision, and long shots to portray the dramatic impact of fantastically long lashes. The eyes are the mirror of our emotions - whether on stage or in life, mascara must rise to every occasion, even the most extravagant ones!”

Developing a mascara is a complex process because it’s a transformative everyday product - the one most worn by women around the world and also one of the most complicated products to perfect. It involves a lot of research, and finding the ideal fit between the formula and the wand is particularly tricky, but we did it! We have found a balance in between, and that’s how Smoky Extravagant was produced.


HIGH TECH FORMULA

After Smoky Lash, the brand’s iconic extra-black volumizing mascara, MAKE UP FOR EVER launches Smoky Extravagant

- a mascara that combines a high-performance, long-lasting formula whose optimal design ensures an impeccable result right from the first application. Created in a rich black hue, this new eye make-up tool fits all of Dany Sanz’s demanding quality standards:

Dramatic impact: an ideal, non-sticky consistency with no clumping thanks to an exclusive complex that combines a wetting agent and a blend of waxes (Beeswax, Candelilla, Carnauba). The result is a wonderful sensation that glides smoothly onto the lashes. From afar, the look is strong and dramatic, with spectacular effects in curl, length and volume.

Graphic precision: a texture that coast the lashes one by one from the base to the tip, providing elasticity and flexibility for infinite length and lash care protection. The secret? Special polymers and D-Panthenol mixed with Bio-extender, a red seaweed extract that is rich in minerals (magnesium, calcium, manganese and zinc) that strengthens the lashes and improves flexibility and lengthening capacity. Upon close-up, it displays awesome definition. Lashes are flawlessly separated with professional precision. An exemplary clump-free mascara; this is the signature expert perfection of MAKE UP FOR EVER. The latest addition to the SMOKY franchise, a select line of state-of-the-art mascaras loved by women and make-up artists alike, Smoky Extravagant’s ergonomic design ensures that lashes are treated with comfort and precision, making it ideal for professionals, who have to work fast and effectively, as well as for women looking for a high-flying mascara that is easy to apply.

RETAIL PRICE: SGD 44 



I have puny and sparse lashes.  I am so embarrassed by them.


See what I mean!

I long  for long ones and that is why I like wearing falsies when I have the time. Unfortunately, I can't be wearing falsies everyday. It is too troublesome and expensive. So the next best thing for me is to find a mascara that lengthens and volumizes. I only have a tube of mascara at one time. Knowing that I can't keep mascara for more than 3 months stops me from experimenting. (Psst, I usually keep mine for about 6 months!) How long do you keep yours for ladies?

I'm so happy to be given the new Smoky Extravagant mascara to trial.



Mascaras are very interesting beauty tools. There is always a different wand shape. Look at this one. It has a cone shape that initially looks a big large for my eyes. Fortunately it is very easy to use. The fine tip helps me get to those pesky inner lashes that are usually hard to reach. 




With the Smoky Extravagant Mascara, I have decent lashes. This lengthens my lashes much better than my current Chanel Imitable mascara. I don't experience clumping and the formula isn't too wet. No spider legs or crunchy lashes. How I hate those!

I wish it was water proof though. I have teary eyes and oily lids and by the end of the work day (a very long day indeed, 11 hours!) I have faint signs of smudging under my eyes. To combat this problem, I have cotton buds handy to clean up during the middle of the day. On shorter outings, I don't have problems.

Removing this mascara is thankfully a breeze. I hate it when after washing my face I find dark smudges under my eyes because the mascara formula is so tenacious. After using my oil based makeup remover, all traces of mascara is removed.

I know I will never have thick feathery lashes (that's what fake lashes are for!) Smoky Extravagant gives me good enough lashes for everyday.

Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

8 comments:

  1. My lashes are more puny than yours if that makes you feel any better :) I really like the look of that mascara on you, its hard to find a good mascara that doesn't clump so thanks for sharing this
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare, are you sure? Your lashes look way longer than mine :) we should have a lash war, see who has the puniest lashes ;)

      Delete
  2. I might have to try it out:) I hate when high end mascaras smudge though:( they are so pricey so their quality should be better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Caise, I should buy more drugstore brands instead but I'm very glad to try this.

      Delete
  3. You dont have puny lashes, they're quite long and pronounced actually. I havent found my HG mascara yet, though. I need a lengthener,volumizer that doesnt weigh down my lashes! Also waterproof! :) Any suggestions?

    BTW, I emailed you re: donation. Thanks so much Jacqueline! SOOO THOUGHTFUL OF YOU :* It was able to buy boxes and boxes of water and canned goods!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharina, I might have missed your email, I'm so sorry, could you email me again? I haven't donated anything so have you gotten me mixed up. I'm still searching for my HG mascara too, what have you tried so far?

      Delete
  4. My lashes are reasonably thick and long for an Asian but they are dead straight :( My favourite mascaras are Lancome Virtuouse and Dior Diorshow/Diorshow Unlimited, but I don't have oily lids at all. And they are expensive for something I throw out every 3 months (I've got really sensitive eyes), so I mostly use drugstore ones. Maybelline is pretty good for the price but can be a bit of a pain to remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should restrict myself to buying drugstore brands but sometimes when I'm at the DFS or the beauty department sanity flies out of the window and I get sucked in by the promises of long flirty lashes. I must buy Maybelline again.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.