Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation


(Information taken from the press lit)

Pro Finish was designed for women who are seeking the perfect complexion with real-skin finish. It’s THE essential compact foundation you need, be it for work or for play, be it if you are a make-up artist or a woman who simply desires to look just like herself. And it’s so versatile that you can build on coverage for a more dimensional look!
XOXO, Dany Sanz, Creator and Artistic Director, MAKE UP FOR EVER



RETAIL PRICE: SGD 69

The new compact powder so sleek so handy is easy to apply, thanks to its advanced, innovative and 100% adaptable formula. With this universal compact foundation, every woman can apply her own make-up like a pro. The product’s unique texture allows it to be reapplied when necessary and yet remain light. It is the perfect compact foundation for stress-free touchups that ensures your make-up looks natural. 

The ‘skin’ sponge SKIN ON SKIN « A sophisticated formula calls for a sophisticated sponge » The sponge is a technical prodigy made of Celfine, a high-tech and exclusive material that helps to achieve optimum application. This special ‘skin’ sponge contains tiny pores that make it soft and supple, just like facial skin. The invisible technology behind this sponge makes it extremely flexible yet incredibly precise to smooth and blend the powder over the entire face to achieve the desired results.




I love a good compact powder. I think everyone should have one in their makeup pouches. It can be used to set foundation, as a foundation itself or as a touch up. I mainly use mine for quick touch ups because it is compact and easy to tote around in my makeup pouch. 

I am so happy to be given the Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation to try out. After going through a thorough consultation and shade selection by Mr Irwan Bin Yaakup the Education and Artistry Executive, we decided on the shade 117 Golden Ivory. I must say that it is really important to choose the right shade for yourself. The wrong foundation shade just makes you look off. You can read about how I went through selecting the right shade here. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. 






There are many ways to apply the Pro Finish Powder. You can use the sponge and apply it either wet or dry for fuller coverage. I like to use a dense yet soft brush to apply this to set my liquid foundation. If I wanted a really light application I would use my big fluffy Hakuhodo face brush. To avoid an overly powdery look I would give my face a light spritz of the Make Up For Ever Fix and Mist spray.




As you can see the powder is really fine and smooth. It is so easy to blend and apply for a natural finish.

The shade might look a little light on my arm swatch but after a while, it oxidises and adjusts to my natural skin tone. One thing I learnt from Mr Irwan Bin Yaakup is to make sure I blend the foundation down my neck to make sure my neck and face matches.


The talented Mr Irwan Bin Yaakup

On my slightly oily skin, I don't have to even touch up at all. It lasted the whole work day for me. When I did touch up my nose and forehead area, I found that the powder blended well into my skin and did not look cakey. It's oil absorbing qualities are marvelous. I am wearing the Pro Finish over my Make Up For Ever HD foundation. I really love how it makes me look near flawless without looking overly made up. I am ready for my closeup.

With 25 shades, you are bound to find a shade that suits you perfectly. I definitely give this a big thumbs up.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

4 comments:

  1. Powder compacts are really all the rage nowadays! It's nice how you can use this one both wet and dry! For the moment, my favorite is Chanel Vitalumiere Douceur Compact. It's perfect for lazy/busy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I'm overdoing it but I'm using this powder to set my liquid foundation. I am liking my flawless finish and thankfully it doesn't look too over done.

      Delete
  2. Oh W-O-W. You look smashing, dear! I especially love the black sexy dress you're wearing! You are a beauty, J! Must post more half-body/full-body photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharina! you made my week! :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.