Saturday, November 23, 2013

NARS Eye Paint Iskandar and Snake Eyes



I love love cream eye shadows. I especially love the promise of a great gold shadow. After seeing the swatches of the new NARS Eye Paints especially Iskandar I knew I had to try it just to see if it will stay on my oily lids. You know me, I can't just buy one colour, I had to pick Snakes Eyes too because the black green just looks too awesome to resist.





So here you are, Iskandar and Snakes Eyes.



NARS Eye Paints come in little glass pots.





Just look at how gorgeous the swatches are. The Eye Paints are creamy and opaque. They don't dry that quickly so there is a little time to blend them. Iskandar is a brassy gold shade  with gold shimmer whereas Snakes Eyes is a black green with green shimmer. They are absolutely beautiful colours.



Here I used Iskandar as a base on my lids. I lined my eyes using Snake Eyes with my long neglected MAC 208 Angled Brow Brush because it looks like the NARS angled eye liner brush (I want that!). I really love the pronounced cat eye flick it makes. Loves! I also added a layer of my Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Convoitise for that gold shimmer effect.

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi and GA Flash Lacquer


Snake Eyes smudged on me after 4 hours. Not very badly but I can see faint signs of it being transferred onto my lower and upper lids. My Snake Eyes line faded slightly too. Boo! 

Iskandar survived better on my lids. I wonder was it because it wasn't as obvious as a darker shade as Snake Eye or if the formula of Iskandar is slightly different.

I bought these two from Nordstrom for USD $25 each

I still like the two shades I bought, I think the colours are awesome so I will try my best to work these two even though I'm disappointed by their lasting power. Iskandar makes a great eye shadow for lovers of shimmery brassy golds. There is visible shimmer in it.  I really love Snake Eyes as a colour. It is different from your normal black eye liner and the colour is obvious. Great if you want to deviate from your normal black.

I bet if you don't have my oily lid issue, you will find these awesome.

Ratings: 3- lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. Sad to hear about its brief longevity. Shall give them a miss. Iskandar indeed is a beautiful shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore it again yesterday and the green smudged more pronounced than the last time because I teareca little in the morning. Sigh makes me think twice when I want to wear Snake Eyes out.

      Delete
  2. you look beautiful! I'm sorry it smudged on you:( did you use eyeshadow primer?
    this NARS angled brush is amazing! it's become my favorite eyeliner brush:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caise you are very kind. I really love the colours! Such a pity. :(

      Delete
  3. Iskandar reminds me of JB, lol. NARS seems to like things related to Malaysia? They have a multiple called "Malaysia" too. I love Snake Eyes though, it's a beautiful eyeliner shade. Something I could totally see myself using. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are absolutely gorgeous I just wish they were more waterproof on me, green smudgy eyes aren't a good look on me.

      Delete
  4. Hey Jacqueline, you picked the two shades I'd pick for myself! They're gorgeous on you! Too bad to hear they don't last though! That's always the problem with certain cream products,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sad about these, on one hand I love the amazing colours but seeing them smudged at the end of the day is just so disappointing. I think we both veer to the same shades, we have good taste ;)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.