Friday, November 8, 2013

Lancome Artliner 01




I don't know about you even though I'm a self professed blush and lipstick hoarder, I'm highly obsessed with finding my HG eye liner. My closest HG eye liner is my Make Up For Ever Aqua liner. Finding my almost HG doesn't mean I stop searching for my one true HG liner.

I have been wanting to pick up the Artliner since I heard about from The RAEviewer two years back. I just never did until recently while I was at the Lancome counter I decided what the heck, lets try this.


The nib is firm and easy to use. I find that I make thicker lines with this as compared to the Stila liquid liner or the Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner. It does not drag on my lids but I do need to dip the nib back into the bottle a few times to get a constant line. It dries quickly too.


Top to bottom: Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner, Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner and Lancome Artliner


I reach out for the Lancome Artliner when I want a thicker liner. I do find that I need two passes to get the nice intense opaque liner that I want. Like the Stila liquid liner, it does not smudge on my oily lids but it doesn't survive my teary eyes well.

SGD $42 or USD $30. For $42 I had hoped that it would work better than my other liquid liners but it doesn't. I would rather pay less and get an equally performing liquid liner.

Ratings: 3- lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jacq,
    This one works well on me.
    I know you have such a high expectation of eyeliner, that's why I am always asking your opinion before getting a new eyeliner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it does for you Meryl, I just wish it was cheaper. Anyway I'm rotating this with my other two eyeliners. I wish would be yo finally find a pencil version that doesn't smudge on me.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. I am not buying this eyeliner after reading your post. Thanks again! I am considering purchasing Lorac's eyeliner, but I am still not 100% sure. It has great reviews, and I do need a new eyeliner.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandra I'm glad you found this post useful, perhaps you want to try the Stila one. I posted a review of it too. I've tried the Lorac version too, it's okay I still prefer my MUFE and Stila to it though.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.