Monday, November 4, 2013

Koyudo brush haul from Cool Japan Now


I ordered these 3 beauties from Cool Japan Now before I knew about the Koyudo fair that was going on at Isetan. I had been dreaming of owning a Koyudo Fu Pa brush ever since I saw pictures of them online posted by a very lovely lady named Elaine. In addition, I also wanted to get a brush for my Chanel Creme Blushes. 

Please pardon me for the state of the brushes. I couldn't wait to use them after washing them. 



The Fu Pa 02 is made for liquid foundations but it can also be used for liquid and cream blushes. It is made of 100% baby goat chest hair. 3505 yen. About SGD $44.


There are two Fu Pa 02 available. This one with the pink and flat handle which can stand on its own and a black rounded handle. I chose this because I like the pink. The Fu Pa is really something special, it comes with its own hard cardboard packaging.







The brush head of the Fu Pa is dense yet soft. Its head is bigger than that of my Sigma brush . I love using this to buff my liquid foundations onto my face. It gives me a lovely natural finish. I started taking out my neglected Burberry Velvet foundation which I found was a tad too dark for me to use and it looked great. For SGD $44 I think it is a real steal and great buy.

Top to bottom: BP013 and BP014

When I first saw the BP013 and BP014 I was a little confused about the size of the brush heads. That's the trouble with ordering online. I was too lazy to check out the dimensions given, I went by instinct. Dear Nonno (thank you my dear) gave my ideas on how I might use them.

I must explain what happened to my brush bristles. I laid them on my towel and when they dried the bristles became slightly kinky. I should have used either a tissue or a smooth cloth to place under my brushes.



The High Class Series BP013 is made of goat hair and said to be a foundation brush. 4800 yen or SGD $60.40.  The bristles are soft and dense. I tried using this with liquid foundation but I didn't think it worked as well as the Fu Pa. I am currently using it with my compact powder foundations because the dense bristles pick up the powder well and gives me a better coverage. This is nice to have if you use compact powders and don't want a too heavy coverage that sometimes a sponge gives.



The High Class Series BP014 is also made of goat hair and said to be a foundation brush too. 2800 yen or SGD $35.30. I thought that this would pick up too much pigment for my cream blushes. But it doesn't. It gives me a nice soft application and I find it helps me blend my cream blush well. I am glad I bought this.

All in all, I am very happy with my Koyudo brushes. My brush collection is growing by leaps and bounds. Oh dear!

I paid about 1550 for shipping, that is about SGD$19.50 for three brushes which I thought was quite reasonable. It took about more than 2 weeks for my brushes to arrive. They were well packed and arrived in good condition. I would definitely order more Koyudo brushes from Cool Japan Now in the future.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Pammy, it applies liquid foundation beautifully, I love it more than my old Shiseido foundation brush.

      Delete
  2. I don't understand how I could've missed out BP014!!! Must add that to my brush wish list! Lol Glad to hear it's working out well with your cream blushes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear I bet you have plenty of awesome brushes. What I would give to see all of them.

      Delete
  3. Now I know that Koyudo Fupa should be on my next brush wish list :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of those, the Fu Pa 02 looks especially cute, you can never have too many brushes I say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Clare, it's such a lovely brush to use too.

      Delete
  5. These are beautiful brushes. I love me a good brush. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, I'm recently kinda obsessed with brushes.

      Delete
  6. do you like the Fu-Pa 02 brush better than the sigma for applying foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you like the Fu-Pa 02 brush better than the sigma for applying foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, I'm so sorry for the late reply. I just realized I added another comment instead of replying you. To answer your question about whether the fu pa or sigma is better. I definitely prefer the Fu Pa, I find that my foundation application was easier and the finish looks better.

      Delete
  8. Hi Marilyn, I definitely prefer the Fu Pa, I find that my foundation application was easier and the finish looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can the Fu-pa be used also with cream foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I don't own any cream foundations so I haven't tried using the fu pay with it but the web sire description does say it's suitable for cream foundations too.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.