Monday, October 14, 2013

Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow No. 01 Kakitsubata swatches and review (Project Swap)


Joy from Look Nook Hook was generous enough to loan me her Suqqu palette to play with for our Project Swap. How can I turn down Suqqu?

 Here I present to you Kakitsubata.


You know what, after owning a few Suqqu palette, I notice that some colours tend to be quite similar. There seems to always be a matte beige shade, two shimmery neutrals and an accent shade.

See what I mean. After owning a few it become quite hard to pick another palette that doesn't have similar colours.



The quality of most of the shadows is consistent to what I expect of Suqqu shadows with the exception of the matte navy blue shade. After swatching it I was quite disappointed by how it looked. I expected the same kind of almost creamy texture as the ivory shade.

Swatched without primer
I took pictures of every individual shade when applied to my lids but the sun was not cooperating and thus the colours looked aweful. These two are the ones that looked best.



I am very happy to report that the matte navy applied well and blended beautifully on my lids. I used the shimmery shell pink shade all over my lids and applied the matte ivory on my brow bones. The brown shade was applied on my lids up to the crease and the navy blue at the outer corner of my eyes and blended inwards.

Here I would like to give a shout out to dear Nonno (hey sweetie!) who suggested I try lining only 1/3 of the outer corner of my eyes, winging it out and tightlining the rest of my eye. I love it! It looks subtler than my standard full on black eye liner. Thank you my dear! I'm going to be doing my eyes like that from now on.


I took out my long neglected Burberry Lip Glow in No. 05 Tea Rose for some loving.



Tada my finished look.

Please check out Joy's interpretation of Kakitsubata here. I think she did an awesome job.

Honestly, I don't think you need to collect all the Suqqu palettes. It is great to own one or two just to feel and see for yourself how amazing the textures are. This isn't a palette I would buy for myself because of the navy blue shade. I don't like navy blues per se. I am happy with how the eye look turned out, the blue made my normal neutral look more interesting.

Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. I think you are right about a lot of the shades being similar, though I do like the look of that one :)
    I don't often see you in pinky lips but that shade looks absolutely gorgeous on you
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I kinda like wearing bright lips most of the time. You know what other than another Suqqu lipstick I don't think I'll be picking up another eye palette any time soon. How about you?

      Delete
    2. I think I might skip the fall palettes, can't make up my mind what to get and not all the reviews are good, I feel a bit tempted by the pics for the holiday ones though, but again the shades don't look that unique
      x

      Delete
    3. Hey Clare, I saw the Christmas palettes and the initial swatches and look of the palette made my wallet itch a little lol. The dark colours ( navy and khaki) look very inviting with its shimmery goodness. I suspect it's because of how the pictures were taken. Hopefully more swatches pop up soon for me to take a better look.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacq,
    I think I highly agree with you on Suqqu palettes. They are gorgeous in texture but there's no need to collect almost everything as it is very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true Meryl, I will only pick up a palette if it has very interesting shades. Have you seen the two Christmas palettes, very pretty.

      Delete
  3. Aww that navy shade is a bit of a bummer! I'm glad to hear it's workable on the lids, but if you already own a bunch of Suqqu quads, maybe you don't need this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Sunny, I am so glad this is on loan to me. I wouldn't buy this palette to be honest.

      Delete
  4. I've never owned a Suqqu palette but i hope to have at least one this year =) They are very luxurious! I think if I had it, I'd just save it :P
    You are always spot on with your lip colors! Beautiful! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. Hold on for the Christmas palettes my dear. Check them out here. http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_64f0ce0b0101o1p6.html
      I think the dark blue ad khaki in each palette looks beautiful. I think you should own at least one Suqqu palette my dear, just pick one you know you will use regularly.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.