Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Shu Uemura Tokyo Light Eye shadow palette Swatches and Review


The Shu Uemura Tokyo Light palettes is an exclusive palette that can be found at Kris shop on Singapore Airlines. I first saw this on Memoiselle and said to myself that if I had the opportunity to fly on Singapore Airlines I would buy it. By the way I think this is also available in Japan if I'm not mistaken.



It features 6 of the most gorgeous shades ever. I love my shimmery neutrals and this palette is just such a winner for me.



The above two are sparkle shades and I like dabbing this over my completed eye look right on the middle of my lids. It makes my eyes shine.



The dark brown shade is a matte shade.




For the eye look below, I used the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last shade from the eye palette from the left. I used the 3rd shade as an all over lid colour. The 2nd shade from the outer corner blended inwards and the 1st shade right on the outer corner near my lash line. I dabbed the last shade on the middle of my lids for some sparkle.






For the next eye look, I used my Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rosegold as a base. Then I used the 4th shade on my lids up to my crease. Followed by the 1st and 2nd shade at the outer corner of my eyes. Finally I dabbed the 5th (sparkly gold) shade on the inner corner of my eyes. I love how this instantly glams up the whole look.





The Shu Uemura is an excellent warm palette with a variety of warm colours to create different looks. The quality of the shadows is excellent. Well pigmented and soft. The two sparkly shades do not have fall out issues which is a definite plus in my books. I paid about SGD $75 which to me is well worth such a wonderful palette. It might be a little difficult to find but well worth the trouble to hunt for it.

Ratins: 5+ lipsticks

9 comments:

  1. And the hoarder strikes again! You really have a love affair with neutrals, Jacq. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pammy, I know right. I used to be attracted to colours but I realize that neutrals look the best on me. If you can see my stash babe, I'm toggling between great guilt and pride over them.

      Delete
  2. It's strange that I never picked this up.. despite it being totally my kind of palette.. hahaha.. I just always end up putting it down at DFS even when I see it.. but it is a gorgeous palette =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is because other things catch your eye. I'll pass it to you to play when we meet.

      Delete
  3. This is such a nice and warm palette! I don't think I can pull that orangey copper off, but you totally nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny, this is such a great palette, the pigmentation is fantastic.

      Delete
  4. Lovely colours on you :) I've not bought any shu makeup for a while, I guess its not covered as much as it used to be so I tend to forget about them
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I don't usually buy Shu items except for the eye brow pencil and lash curler. I saw the colours and I just had to have it.

      Delete
  5. This is one of my absolute favorite palette babe. Glad that you own it now :) This is the palette that I bring to most of my vacation. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.