Tuesday, October 29, 2013

NARS Voulez-Vous Coucher vec Moi,Ce Soir Eye and Cheek Palette swatches and review





The NARS palette wasn't something I intended to buy. I have a thing with the rubber casing, I don't really like dealing with it because it attracts all sorts of powder marks and looks dirty very quickly.

Initially when I went to see it as the NARS counter in Singapore, I was tempted but resisted. Somehow seeing it again on the Nordstrom website made me want it even more. Honestly I don't think I saved that much though. It cost USD $59. This time round I paid about SGD $5 per shipping which works out to be around SGD $80. I think it is selling for SGD $89at the Singapore counters. Correct me if I'm wrong though.





Blush: Deep Throat

Top left to right: Molokai and Antananarivo Bottom left to right: Lhasa and Rangoun
Blush: Dolce Vita



Left to right:  Deep Throat and Dolce Vita
As much as I love how pigmented NARS blushes are, sometimes I worry about too pigmented ones. I use my softest blush brushes when using these. Typically I pick these blushes with my MAC 187 stippling brush by gently tapping on the blush, shaking off the excess and gently tapping on my cheeks.

Deep Throat on my cheeks

Dolce Vita on my cheeks

Of the two blushes, I love Deep Throat the most. It love the peachy shade with gold shimmer. Dolce Vita looks slightly ruddy on my cheeks. I have to be very careful when applying this to make sure I don't get clown cheeks.


I love the quality of all the shadows. They are pigmented and soft and very easy to work with. I was afraid that Lhasa would be too cool for me but its not the case. I love it! 


Above, I have Molokai all over my lids with Antananarivo on my lids up to my crease. Rangoun on the outer crease.


Lhasa on my lids.


Rangoun on the outer crease with black liner and DUP lashes.


Overall this is a wonderfully versatile palette with quality blushes and eye shadows. I can do many looks with this. It is a great palette to take with you for your travels. I still don't love the casing so I store this in the box it came in. My palette already looks somewhat dirty and no amount of cleaning is getting rid of the marks.

For $80 I get 2 blushes and 4 eye shadows. Pretty good deal if I say so myself.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks (just because I don't love the casing)

15 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm a long-time reader, really like your blog. Just wanted to say that the peachy gold that you prefer is Deep Throat :) Dolce Vita is the darker one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Anon, thank you so much for correcting my mistake, how embarrassing.

      Delete
  2. Lhasa is beautiful! That's such a nice palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, GAH why did you have to tempt me with this one? Now I HAVE to check if it's available in Taiwan! The quality looks great across the board, and I love the looks you created with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to gave this palette because all the colours work on me. Get it Sunny.

      Delete
  4. Quality looks very good! And the colors look very flattering on you =) NEED IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen the colours are universally flattering. Great all rounder in my opinion.

      Delete
  5. Hi, may I know how you get your cosmetic orders from nordstrom? They don't seem to ship cosmetic orders to Singapore is that right?
    Thanks in adv(:
    Ps the colours look lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fidelia I ship via Vpost so my items are sent to an US address.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your reply(:
      Is shipping expensive?
      Roughly how much did you paid?
      Tia!

      Delete
    3. I tend to order more stuff so that I can save on shipping. I collect orders from my friends and we share out shipping. I also order from other online shops. Most of the time for beauty items because they are light and small sized it cost about $25.

      Delete
  6. That's a nice selection of colours, really suits you. Funny you say about Dolce Vita being ruddy as that is how I think it would look on me, I still feel quite tempted to pick it up though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare, I have my acne scars on my cheeks to contend with. Anything too red makes my whole cheek area look ruddy. I something find NARS blushes hard to work with, as in they are so pigmented that if I'm ot careful, instant clown cheeks.

      Delete
  7. This makeup is so cool,it looks beautiful on you (:

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.