Sunday, October 27, 2013

Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Beauty Event

 

Just last Friday I was invited down by the great people at Make Up For Ever Singapore to try out the the new Pro Finish powder. It was Friday date night for me and the hubs (as dear Pammy from J'adore Rougit aptly calls it Fridate! I think that sounds so cute.) So to kill two bids with one stone, I went to Ion Sephora from the event and then met my hubs for dinner.


I think I was the last blogger to arrive so it was quiet and I didn't have to wait for my turn. I had the honor of meeting Mr Irwan Bin Yaakup the Education and Artistry Executive who sat me down and introduced to me the new Pro Finish powder which is a multi-use powder foundation. I will give you more details about the powder in a later post.

My seat for the next 20 minutes
We chatted to find out what is my skin undertone. I look best with gold jewelry and have greenish veins. I confirmed what I suspected for a long time that I have a warm or yellow skin undertone. The we went about deciding which shade was a best fit. Irwan picked 3 warm tones shades from fair to medium, 117 Golden Ivory, 123 Golden Beige and 127 Golden Sand. After removing my foundation around my jaw line, he proceeded to use a wedge sponge to gently press all three colours onto my jawline.

There is a 3 step process in shade selection. The customer is asked which shade she feels best fits her. The MA will give his or her recommendation  Finally the customer decides which shade best fit her and the shade is confirmed. Irwan asked me which shade I thought fit me best, I picked 117. He thought that 123 was the closest match to my skin tone but also mentioned that it is best to select something a tad lighter so that when the powder oxidizes it will match me best. So we both confirmed that 117 was the best for me. 

Now comes my favorite part of the whole process. Irwan uses his magical hands on my face. A mini makeover. He dabs the powder on my face especially under my eye and around my cheeks and proceeded to gently blend. 

I must thank dear Sabrina for taking such amazing pictures of the whole process. Thank you my dear. 

Did you know that there are a total of 25 shades. There is definitely something to fit the many varieties of skin tones in Singapore. I was telling Irwan my pet peeve is cosmetic companies that only release 4 to 5 shades for Singapore and think that it is enough. They are practically excluding more half of the population in Singapore. So not cool!

And ladies, when selecting a shade don't choose something that is too light for your complexion, it is very obvious and honestly not that nice looking. Always select something close to your own skin tone.


Then he blends the powder down my neck line to make sure that my neck and face matches. Don't you hate it when it doesn't match?



I am a satisfied customer!
Finally he sprays the Mist and Fix spray to make my face look less powdery and set it.


To be honest when Irwan first applied the powder, I thought it was quite heavy. I am very used to wearing small amounts of liquid foundation with a light dusting of loose powder. The powder gave me almost full coverage and I was a tad unused to it. But by the time I met my husband, I think my foundation blended with my natural oils secreted and it became very natural yet flawless. My hubs complimented me on my complexion.

Hubs: Wah! Your acne scars  look like they disappeared. What happened???
Me: Hehe good makeup artist and good foundation!

I could kiss you Irwan! Muack!

By the way I really loved how he accentuated my cheeks with a blend of peach and pink blush. The way he applied the blush, I must learn and do it at home.



So how did my Fridate go? As usual, hubs and I take Fridates as a chance to reconnect with one another considering how busy and tired we are on work days. On most days conversations revolve around my son, household chores and work. We make it a point to enjoy each other's company where ever it may be. This time round we ate at the food court at Ion. Not the most glamorous of all places but it is the company that matters.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.