Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dolce and Gabbana Eye Shadow Quad in Desert Swatches and Review


I have been wanting to own a Dolce and Gabbana eye shadow quad for sometime now. Meryl from Memoiselle sung praises over her Vulcano quad and I thought to myself I must have at least one to see what the fuss was about. Unfortunately when I saw the quads online at Sak's Fifth Avenue none of the existing quads called out to me. Then I laid my eyes on this baby. 

Honestly the leopard print just screamed buy me. I secretly like leopard prints but don't dare to wear them out because I don't want to labeled as a cougar (aka old auntie). 

Desert is full of honestly boring neutrals. I wasn't totally convinced that it would be a good buy until I came across The Beauty Look Book's post and swatches. The swatches looked absolutely stunning and lately I have been on a neutral kick.

Let me tell you that this quad is very popular. I tried on order it online, I managed to put in in my shopping cart but I hesitated and within half an hour it was out of stock. So I have to credit this buy to dear Ruby who saw it available online and knew I really wanted it. Thank you so much babe!




What can I say I love the heavy gold casing with the leopard print. Normal quads come in the plain gold casing. This is a Sak's exclusive.





The sun was not cooperating with me. I hoped to get a good closeup picture of the quad but the gold casing kept reflecting light onto the colours.





The Desert quad consists of three matte shades and one shimmer shade. The shades consist of a bone white,  a shimmery beige, a camel brown and a chocolate brown shade. The textures are simply divine. Buttery and finely milled. The matte shades blend so well.


Shimmery beige on my lids and the bone white shade as a brow highlight and blended.


Camel brown shade on the outer corner working inwards and above the crease.


Chocolate brown shade on the outer corners up to crease.


Blended with my fluffy brush.


Finished off with my liquid liner and mascara.


I used my Lancome Le Lipstique lip liner in Inspire and YSL Glossy Stain in Orange de Chine. I should have used a darker lip liner.



These are the items I used.

What a lovely introduction to Dolce and Gabanna eye quads. I am thoroughly pleased with the quality of this Desert quad. The colours show up very well on my lids and they lasted through a 4 hour dance class. The colours suited my skin tone to a T and made my lids glow.

This is a definite must buy if you love your neutrals.

This quad sells for USD $67 at Sak's Fifth Avenue.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking my blog in this post dear!
    I am deeply loving my D&G quad. I think they're gorgeous and I just love the pigmentation of the shade, totally worth the price I am paying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of help, my dear. This palette is indeed a beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.