Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel No. 63 Revelation Swatches and Review


I am so happy to be able to finally show you these Chanel beauties. Thank you dear Meryl for getting these for me. I have been waiting with bated breath to finally get to touch and play with these.

I am going to feature the Chanel cream blushes first because I am at heart, a big blush addict.


(Information taken from Chanel website)


A soft and silky cream blush with a satiny finish that blends into the skin and comes in six bright shades. A cream blush with a soft, silky feel and a satiny finish. Available in six bright shades that blend into the skin.


Delicate or more intense, the brown, apricot, pink and burgundy shades are simply smoothed on with fingertips.

Matte and luminous, they sculpt and accentuate cheekbones in an incredibly natural way.

An oil-free formula.


There are 6 shades altogether

No. 61 Destiny
No. 62 Presage (Limited Edition)
No. 63 Revelation
No. 64 Inspiration
No. 65 Affinite
No. 66 Fantastic



These cream blushes come in the standard black velveteen pouches and the double C black casing. It is smaller in size as compared to the Joues Contraste blushes. I am sitting on the fence about the packaging. It isn't the most hygienic to be honest. That is why I will be trying my best not to stick my fingers into the pan and use a brush to pick up the product instead. After a while to pan looks kinda dirty.



I am going to show you Revelation first because I think it is the most wearable colour in the range. It is a warm rose shade.

Pristine state

Blemished state

When I first dipped my finger into the pan for a swatch, I found the cream to be soft and emollient. It spreads and blends very easily. It is very pigmented. I wonder how long it will stay emollient and do worry whether it will dry up and how the texture will be like if it does. I guess only time will tell.



This cheek swatch was applied heavily so you can see how it looks on my skin. I generally do not wear such a heavy application going out. Can we say clown cheeks? For it to show up better, I used my fingers to pat the blush on my cheek. I would normally use this over liquid foundation and under loose powder. I found out that this blush can also be applied over powder without looking patchy.


On normal days I would use my MAC 187 Duo Fiber brush to dip into the pan and gently tap it on my cheeks. It lasts the whole day and does not look greasy on my normal to oily skin combination even at the end of the day. I love the finish and how it looks on my cheeks. Love!

This sells for USD $38.

If you love cream blushes that are long lasting and a fan of Chanel products, you have to pick one of these up.

I will show you Presage in my next post.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

12 comments:

  1. Hey Jacq,

    Glad that you're liking this one :)
    Revelation is my absolute favorite. Let's meet up again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a no brainer colour, matches everything. I'm really loving this.

      Delete
  2. I'm still hesitant to pick one up! The selections are pretty but not unique enough imo.
    The shade looks flattering on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, the number of blushes I have means that there are similar shades. I don't think I will ever see another unique shade for blush. :) i think the formula is worthy enough to pick up one to try,

      Delete
    2. Well, I swatched it 2 months ago and the formula just okay for me. Told myself the next blush I'm getting is either the Tom Ford one(not happening anytime soon) or something really unique. Nothing's wow me yet.

      Delete
    3. Aw... I'm sorry the formula didn't rock your boat. But hey more reason to get that Tom Ford blush.

      Delete
  3. I got the same shades!! I love the Chanels more than the Dior creme blushes.. mostly scarred cuz the Dior ones fell out on me.. loll.. I'm heading to TW next week.. let me know if you'd like me to pick up anything for you =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After hearing about what happened to your Dior, I decided to skip them. I kinda had enough blushes that come in glass pots. I prefer being able to dip my brush into the blush pan. Luna great minds think alike. Thanks for the offer babe, I'll message you.

      Delete
  4. These are lovely aren't there, I was surprised how much I liked the performance really as I don't usually get on with cream blushers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I find myself reaching for these everyday. I love cream blushes and these have great formula.i hope there will be more shades soon, these are hoard worthy.

      Delete
  5. Hey Jacqueline, I'm glad you finally lay your hands on these! Revelation is so dang adorable! It's definitely the next one I'll get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally doing the happy dance over these Sunny. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.