Friday, September 13, 2013

Trip to the Jurong Bird Park

It is the September holidays and to celebrate it, I took DS to the Jurong Bird Park. Jurong Bird Park is smaller than the zoo and on Friday, it was quiet. Just the way we like it. I hate crowds.


Penguin Coast


We stopped to watch the King of the Skies show then proceeded to the Breeding and Research Center to see some hatch-lings.

My overgrown chick!
Baby flamingoes

Check out this little guys knobbly legs




We went to the Lory Loft to feed lories. The place is a little run down which makes me kinda sad. Lories come to you the moment they realise you have food. This little fella hopped on my shoulder and then on my head. I'm glad I wasn't pooped on. Whew!





This gorgeous Mandarin Duck decided to allow me to get close to it.











This is the kids play area called Birds of Play. Great place to get cooled off after a hot day.


What a great day out!

10 comments:

  1. awww baby flamingos are the cutest!
    it looks like you had a great time:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just? When we saw them, both my son and myself did a collective aw... so cute. It is the first time that I am seeing baby flamingos.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacqueline, this looks like FUN! I love the one where the parrot stops on the top of your head. I'd totally panic LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda did panic for a while but I was thinking what is the worst thing that can happen, bird poop on my head? :)

      Delete
  3. LOL. are you afraid that the parrot would shit on your head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, terrified. Kept getting my boy to check my hair.

      Delete
  4. Wow, JBP sure has changed a lot! I haven't there since I was...8? The man-made waterfall is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.