Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tom Ford Cheek Color Frantic Pink Swatches and Review


I have included another wonderfully makeup addicted blogger to my nefarious scheme to play with as many makeup as possible aka Project Swap by convincing Joy from Look Nook Hook to part with her Frantic Pink. 

I confess, Joy, I have been eyeing your Frantic Pink since I got a good look at it when we hauled together from Sak's Fifth Avenue.

I was very sad that it didn't show up well on Joy. Check out her post here. I was very determined to see for myself.




I prefer matte blushes honestly because sometimes shimmery blushes just make me look greasy. If I'm not mistaken Tom Ford blushes are generally shimmery. I have to say though the shimmer is subtle and instead of making me look greasy, it gives my cheeks a nice subtle glow.



Yup the blush swatches don't look like much I admit. It is a subtle warm pinky blush.



I used my Koyudo blush brush. (Thank you again dear Nonno for steering me towards Koyudo.) Every time I use my Koyudo blush I congratulate myself for being at the right place at the right time. (Isetan has Japanese fairs regularly and Koyudo is sold during these fairs.)




The trick to getting Frantic Pink to show up is to use a nice stiff blush brush to pick up enough pigment. It might not show up much on my cheek swatches but I do see the warm pink showing up and I must say I love how it looks on me.

You might want to skip Frantic Pink if you are of darker skin tone though. I'm between a NC30 and NC35. If you prefer a brighter and more pigmented blush shade might I suggest Flush or even Love Lust.

Would I get Frantic Pink for myself? I might but not right now. Now that I have satisfied my curiosity with it, I rather buy a different brand. But I see myself eventually owning it.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

15 comments:

  1. What a pretty color on you! I do like the barely-there look it leaves in the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear, Frantic Pink gives me a healthy natural look.

      Delete
  2. it's a pretty shade, it might be used as a highlighter too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting shade, I'm sure this is best on light and fair skin but its definitely a great natural shade! I'd go for something warmer and coral with TF! It looks like a really light rose gold from sleek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharlynn, thank you or leaving me a comment and visiting my blog. I have the rose gold from Sleek and Leek is darker in colour. I do agree that FP will look best on lighter skin ones.

      Delete
  4. and i can now safely strike this off my list.. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh Luna then you can move on to other blushes. I just received my Revelation and Presage, can't wit to play with them.

      Delete
  5. You're most welcome, babe! And thanks for still remembering me! ;) I liked how it looked on the raeviewer... And now I like how Frantic Pink looks on you! Not a good sign... Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe you give great beauty advice and I will always listen to you :) I heart my blush brush very much. I'm thinking of getting a foundation brush and one for my Chanel cream blushes. I'm thinking of getting one of the fu pas, do you own any?

      Delete
  6. I do really like this shade, though I am happy with the two TF blushers I have I don't feel like the performance was better than the like of Burburry, RBR for example which are of a lower price point.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare, I've tried RBR's Gracilis and I am in love. If I buy RBR it costs about as much as a Burberry which kinda sucks. I'm holding out for a 20% at my local online store before I get it.

      Delete
    2. welcome to the RBR blush club :) Their site seems to have quite good offers on like free gifts so might be worth signing up to them if you haven't already.Actually I've not bought RBR for a while, that seems kinda wrong, think I have so much of their stuff I need them to bring out some new shades :)
      x

      Delete
  7. Never heard of Koyudo brushes, I'm going to do a quick research on them, because this brush looks awesome! :)

    MyMakeUpCompulsion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lou, Koyudo brushes are really good. It is One of my most used brush.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.