Thursday, September 26, 2013

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg swatches and review



There are a few products that I can't resist hoarding. For example my Chanel Illusion d'Ombres, Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill shadows, Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks and others ahem (blush).I have developed an unhealthy obsession for the NARS Satin Lip Pencils. They are just absolutely great lip pencils. My lastest NARS acquisition is Luxembourg. I was able to score this for USD $20 from Beauty.com from a friends and family event.





  

Luxembourg is a bright watermelon red pink. On my picture it looks more pink but in fact I see more red in real life.


My current stash of Satin Lip Pencils.


Top to bottom: Majella, Yu, Luxembourg and Lodhi
I am already contemplating what other shades to get but nothing is jumping out at me. Perhaps Rikugien, Hyde Park or Golshan. I think they need to make more shades, perhaps an orange or deeper coral.

Just to recap, Satin Lip Pencils are not the most moisturising lip pencils but with lip balm preparation, it applies wonderfully. They are pigmented with just one swipe. They not dry my lips. They have amazing staying power and actually looks better after a few hours of wear. Although there is wastage from sharpening them, I love how easy they are to tote around.

If you want to buy more than one, might I suggest you wait for Beauty.com Friends and Family events. You can get these at USD $20 as opposed to the normal retail price of USD $25. Selling at local counters for SGD $37. That is almost a $12 savings.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks (Bumping the ratings up a little because I have grown to love these)

7 comments:

  1. such a perfect shade! I might order it right now:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see NARS come up with more shades. 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shade on you, I see the beginnings of a large collection for you :) I certainly need to try these out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clare, I really love the brighter shades. You can try Isobella or Rukigien I think these two shades would look great on you since you like neutrals.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I did not just see this. LOL.
    I've been hooked since I purchased Lodhi. I want to collect all the beautiful shades thereafter.
    I hate how NARS comes up with such amazing shades that you can't help but wanting to buy more.
    These SATIN lip pencils, I really like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kekeke these lip pencils just scream buy me. Love them to bits. So how many do you have Sharina? I would love to try the more neutral ones buy I'm afraid they will wash me out.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.