Thursday, September 5, 2013

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Sugar Frost and Khaki swatches and review



You probably know by now how much I love Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks. They are one of the few cream eye shadows that actually do not smudge on my lids. I really love how convenient they are and how well they blend out. They do take some time to set but that makes it a lot easier for me to blend. But when they do, they don't budge. I love taking these with me for traveling.


I have for you today Sugar Frost and Khaki. 





Sugar Frost as you can see is a tad frosty. I like to use this to highlight my brow bones.



Khaki is a very pigmented deep khaki that blends very well for a smokey eye. Here is a look I did with Khaki on my lids and a dash of Sugar Frost on the inner corner of my eyes.








Here are swatches of the Caviar Sticks that I own. The reviews of the of my Caviar Sticks can be found below.


Sandglow and Smoke
Rosegold and Orchid
Amethyst


From left to right: Sugar Frost, Rose Gold, Sand Glow, Orchid, Amethyst, Khaki and Smoke


Rose Gold is the one I use the most because I love this as an all over lid colour. To be truthful buying Sugar Frost was kind of dud buy for me. It is too frosty for my liking and does not blend as well as the rest. Khaki on the the other hand is gorgeously creamy and pigmented.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks for Sugar Frost and 4+ lipsticks for Khaki.

6 comments:

  1. oohh look at your collection babe!
    Sugar Frost actually reminds me of GA ETK #8 champagne. It looks very nice and would be perfect for eyelid base color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love Rose Gold better Meryl. I'll pass them to you to try one of these days.

      Delete
  2. Khaki is definitely the next shade I'm going to pick up! I got Grey Pearl when I was in Taipei, and I've been using it SO much! Love how these two look on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of getting Grey Pearl too Sunny, these are just the best ever.

      Delete
  3. So very pretty, I should really buy some more of these, I wonder if they will release a set of them for the holiday gift set collection, bet that would sell well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they did Clare, it would be awesome. I'm still thinking about that beautiful Gold Caviar Stick you own :) that plus Grey Pearl.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.