Monday, September 2, 2013

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Silk Eye Shadow No. 33 Scarab Violetta and No. 34 Blue Beetle swatches and review




Today I have for you the first two of my three new Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill shadows from the Fall 2013 Kaleidoscope collection. I am absolutely thrilled that Giorgio Armani decided to come up with such playful bright colours. I just love them.

When I received the new Eyes To Kill shadows I couldn't decide which ones to use first. Instead of a single colour eye look I decided to play around and try using Scarab Violetta and Blue Beetle together.



Scarab Violetta is a luminous lilac.



Blue Beetle doesn't just look blue, it has a beautiful duo chrome feel to it. At some angles I feel like I can see some purple. Blurple?

The new Eyes To Kill still have that intense pigmentation and soft creamy quality to it. When used wet, they have a foiled metallic quality to them.

These new ETKs seem softer. They look like they have separated from the sides of the glass tub. I normally put my ETKs upside down for storage. I am not going to that with these in case they fall out of the glass tub.

Here is my take on a colourful eye using both ETKs.

Scarab Violetta used dry on the inner corner of my eyes.


Blue Beetle used wet on the outer corner of my eyes. I used more Scarab Violetta and used it to blend Blue Beetle.


I lined my eyes with a black liquid eye liner and applied mascara.




Wind swept look
On my lips, Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick No. 07 Asasuou.


I definitely like the new ETK offerings. I appreciate the move towards brighter more colorful shades. I think Blue Beetle is a must have just because it isn't just a boring blue.

I feel like I'm going to miss out if I don't get June Beetle. Quick someone talk me out of it! 

The quality of the ETKs are still the same albeit softer. Does anyone feel the same?

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks. 

11 comments:

  1. the purple one is gorgeous! I swatched them last week but I didn't like them that much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, I just can't resist ETKS hehe. So which fall collection are you absolutely lusting over?

      Delete
  2. Ooh! The Blue Beetle duochrome(didn't detect that from your other post) is so pretty, and it looks great on you. Love that pop of color! Now my hand itchy tsk tsk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live to make your hands and wallet itchy. Lol. I definitely love the blue.

      Delete
  3. Blue beetle looks awesome on you!! I haven't had the chance to look at these properly.. hopefully tt means I can resist them all this round =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luna. I will do a all blue look one of these days. I'll let you play with mine, no worries.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful shades, I need to place an armani order very soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep changing my mind but at least one of the new eyes to kill, maybe one of the fall lipsticks and some of the Rouge Ecstasy lipsticks :)

      Delete
    2. I want the new Rouge Ecstasy lipsticks too but unfortunately I can only get to see them IRL in November. I saw the online swatches and they just look so good, I'm not sure ill be ablE to limit myself to just one.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.