Sunday, September 8, 2013

Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder 30 Naturel swatches and review




I picked this pressed powder at the Bangkok DFS last December when I was is Bangkok. I threw away my old Lancome Macqui Miracle compact because it was getting old.




Sad to say I have neglected this for my favourite NARS Light Reflecting Setting Pressed Powder which I have been using daily.

I have to say I don't like the puff that comes with it. It is very flimsy and cannot be washed. I had a hard time looking for replacements in the Chanel stores because they are always out of stock so I use my brush to apply instead. I find it difficult to pick up powder with my brush.

The one thing I like about this is the fact that it does not give me a white cast. However it is not suitable for oily and extremely oily complexions. When I had my oily issues I found that it did nothing to stop the oilies. But now that I have addressed that problem I found that it was able to do its job.

For the picture below, I used the Finish Pressed Powder to set my foundation. I only need to blot after about 4 hours.


I cannot remember how much I paid for this, I'm sure its about SGD $50 to $60.  It was okay but I'm not exactly impressed by it.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. you look lovely!
    I noticed that Chanel powders aren't good for oily skin, they have cute packagings though:)

    have you tried Kanebo loose powder? I'm currently on the hunt for a new foundation but I asked a SA about good powders for oily skin and she recommended the one from Kanebo and also one from IsaDora. oh and I wanted to recommend you D&G powder foundation - it works miracles on my skin but unfortunately I picked out too dark shade so I can't use it:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just hate it when you don't get the right shade. Oh the D and G powder sounds good, I must check it out. Too bad I don't have a counter to go get a match.

      Delete
  2. How is the finish? I'm looking to try another one that gives a luminous finish like Clarins Hydra-Luminous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more of a satin matte. I can't do glowy finishes, I would look like I was dipped in oil ha ha.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, thanks for the review! I have never really paid attention to this. For the moment I'm curious about the new Guerlain pressed powder. Apparently it is designed to mattify. Might be worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't heard of it, thanks for the heads up. At the moment I still favor the NARS pressed powder. Love that to bits.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.