Monday, September 23, 2013

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eye Shadow No. 90 Convoitise Swatches and Review


I am a big big fan of Chanel Illusion D'ombres. When new ones comes out I rush out to swatch them and most of the time they come home with me. I first saw Convoitise in Visionary Beauty's blog. Even though I already had a gold shade named Apparence. I had to own Convoitise. Something about gold eye shadows lures me to them like a moth to a flame I suppose.

I was so glad to be able to find it at the Chnagi airport DFS shop because it meant I don't have to pay full retail price. Oops I lost my receipt anyway I can vaguely recall paying less than SGD $50 for this. Normal retail price is SGD$52.




Chanel Illusion D'ombres are a mousse-like bouncy eye shadow. So far my hoard of Illusion D'ombres have not dried up on me and are still good as new.

Convoitise is long wearing and stays on my oily lids throughout the day. It blends beautifully and can be used as a sheer lid colour or over another eye shadow to give it sparkle.

I have here Apparence and Convoitise for comparison.




As you can see Apparence is more of a warm gold whereas Convoitise is much lighter.

The picture below shows how it looks on my lids over a primer as a sheer wash of colour.



I wanted to give my Chanel Ebloui some love so I paired both together. I added Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick i Sugar Frost as a brow highlighter.


My complete look.


The stuff I used.




I love love Convoitise and have been using it over many of my eye shadows to give it sparkle. It is versatile and suits my colouring. Gold, what is there not to love.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention :)
    There are meant to be two new shades coming out with the holiday collection isn't there, question is will you be able to resist ;)
    I love the whole look you have done, that lip shade has such a fresh look about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Clare, you don't know how many makeup items I bought because of your reviews. You are the one who started me on Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks. :) you know I won't be able to resist new illusion ombres. I can't wait to see what shades they are.

      Delete
  2. such a pretty shade!:-) it looks gorgeous on you!
    which shade of NARS lip pencil are you wearing? I need it!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, I was wearing Luxembourg. Don't you just love the Satin Lip pencils, they are simply divine.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, I'm glad you like this one too! It's so great in summer as a sheer wash of color! And OMG that lipstick!!! SO DANG AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love applying it over shadows for an extra sparkle too. The NARS Satin lip pencils are totally awesome. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.