Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Weekend trip to PasarBella - Oceans of Seafood


I must tell you that hubby and I are quite besotted with Pasarbella, our Singapore version of a farmer's market.  It is situated at The Grandstand Bukit Timah, 200 Turf Club Road. The time we went there, we were quite overwhelmed by the sheer number of things to eat that we were at a loss as to what to do. Second time round, we made our plan and decided to have lunch at Oceans of Seafood.


Oceans of Seafood is the first thing you see when you enter PasarBella. I love the concept. Fresh seafood out in the open for you to choose. You can have it western style or Japanese style. There is a wide variety of seafood to choose from. They open at 11.30 a.m.

Razor Clams




For lunch DH settled for oysters at SGD $5 each. I don't eat oysters but DH loved these.



I chose salmon sashimi and DH had tuna and mekajiki. These were going for SGD $12 to $14  each. They were fresh and I love the generous slices.



Unfortunately the Boston lobster and razor clams did not live up to our expectations. For SGD $60 the lobster was unfortunately overcooked and became a little tough. So disappointing! I don't really fancy the razor clams either.

It wasn't the best experience for us. The overcooked lobster spoiled it for us. We would probably go back for the oysters and perhaps try other seafood.

There is also a traditional seafood restaurant called Owen Seafood Restaurant on the third level. We found it by mistake. We didn't eat there but was marveling at all the live seafood on display. I thought I would show you some pictures.

Alaskan crabs! I have not tried this yet!


Weirdest looking prawns ever!

Conch


4 comments:

  1. Hey dear, next time try the razor clam at Owen Seafood! Try it steamed cantonese style in garlic and superior soy sauce! Heaven! This is my favourite way to eat those razor clams (sometimes known as bamboo clams) - KS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey KS, is Own restaurant expensive? We are interested in eating there too. I want to finally eat an Alaskan crab.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He is actually a shortie for 9 years old lol.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.