Friday, August 9, 2013

Tom Ford Beauty Summer 2013 Collection: Cream Colour For Eyes Escapade and Pink Haze swatches and review


I am crazy over cream eye shadows lately. I love the Chanel Illusion d'Ombres and I am currently in a hoarding frenzy over Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks.

Tom Ford is my one of my guilty and sinful addiction. I really love Tom Ford beauty items but I am trying to go slowly. Tom Ford products are mostly hits for me except for their lipsticks.

When I saw the summer collection, it took my breath away. There were many items that caught my interest but I didn't want to get too carried away. I wanted everything but decided to just get the cream colour for eyes. Escapade almost escaped (pun intended!) my clutches but I managed to get both of them. I literally rubbed my hands with glee when I saw them. They are so gorgeous.

Cream Colour For Eyes come in glass pots. Not easy to tote around but I'll gladly leave them on my vanity table.









Escapade is a metallic light peach champagne.





Pink Haze is the real winner for me. The pink does not make my eyes look swollen. It is amazing to wear it on its own.



Cream Colour For Eyes have a light mousse texture. It moves around when you shake it hard.  It is light and very blendable. Both have amazing metallic sheen. They are smudge proof  and last the whole day on my lids without fading.

I have here Pink Haze on my lids and Escapade blended on my brow bones downwards.




Tom Ford Lip Color Indian Rose

Tom Ford Blush in Flush



Please check out Visionary Beauty's post and swatches of Escapade and Pink Haze. After reading her post, I knew I made a good choice buying them.

At USD $40, these are the most expensive cream eye shadows I ever owned. I think Escapade is easily dupeable so you can skip this is you already own many champagne beige shades. Pink Haze is another story altogether. Get Pink Haze if you can, you won't regret it.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

11 comments:

  1. Hi beautiful! The color looks gorgeous but $40 is very very high end! It's Tom Ford afterall :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very high end indeed Jen, since Escapade is quite dupeable I find Pink Haze the only truly worthy buy. But I have to say the texture is just gorgeous to work with.

      Delete
  2. They are finally here!

    I went to ask some time ago, after Dustin on Youtube recommended it, and the sales assistant told me that they don't have this in Singapore, and don't intend to bring these in.

    I was disappointed.

    Glad to know they have brought it in afterall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jyoan dear I'm sorry I left out some information but I ordered these from Sak's fifth, I'm not sure if they have it in the Singapore counter.

      Delete
  3. Hey babe..
    Thanks for posting this! I truly regret that I did not bought this at all and the swatches online are so pretty. Sigh I should have bought it when I saw it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have posted this the moment I got this but I had so many other posts scheduled. These were one if those I'm glad I grabbed without thinking. I lend them to you to play so no worries.

      Delete
  4. These colors really compliment your coloring Jacq! Great choice :) They look awesome on you, and the swatches really are WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always lean towards warm eye shadows. These are by far my favs, so easy to use.

      Delete
  5. Ahhh I'm officially very jealous! I wasn't sure about Pink Haze in the swatch, but I really like it on you! Wish I had access to these now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... I'm sure something will come your way that looks similar. I hope they make more cream eye shadows, these are so lovely.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.