Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Suqqu Eyeshadow Brush F Review


This is my second Suqqu brush. In fact this was the one brush I was eyeing when I went to Bangkok last year and they were out of stock. So instead I got the Eye Shadow Brush L. I am glad I bought the L because it is a brush I use all the time. Anyway having such a great experience with L I knew I wanted one more Suqqu brush so when dear Ruby from Miaka's Life and Loves went to Japan I jumped at the chance to ask her to get for the F for me.

I paid a whopping SGD $108 for it. No, I'm not going to think about it. I'm not going to get buyer's remorse. I'm in denial.




Top to bottom: L and F

As you can see, the F is shorter, flatter and denser as compared to the L. It is good for laying colour onto the lids. L on the other hand is good for applying a sheer wash of colour all over the lids.



I took out my very old MAC 213 Fluff brush for a comparison. Really not much of a comparison though. The 213 still does a good job for me. If I want my eye shadow colours to be intense I would use the 213 instead of the F.


The Suqqu F is very soft and I love using it to lay pigmented eye shadows on my lid up to crease area. It gives my eye shadows a soft diffused look.

I am sure you can get many decent brushes that can do the same job for a fraction  of the price but hey it's Suqqu. I love the black ferrule because it won't show signs of wear after washing unlike my brushes with the metal ferrule. It is a lovely length, just right for me.

This is how I feel about makeup tools especially brushes. If you use it all the time and can't live without it, it becomes a good buy no matter the cost. If you spend that money and don't use the brush often then it becomes a dud. So far, F has been a very useful brush for me and I use this everyday together with my L. So definitely not a dud.

I would say that is you are working to build up your brush collection, splurge on some good face brushes and skimp on the eye shadow brushes. Work up the the eye brushes later on.

Ratings: 4- lipsticks just because it is so expensive.

5 comments:

  1. This seems like a great one to try out. Though kinda concerned about the price. But upon reading your review, it seems to be worth it. I'll check on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice it is very expensive so you have been warned :) Another great quality brush brand is Hakuhodo. They make excellent brushes that are cheaper Check them out!

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try out Suqqu brushes but they are sooo pricey..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, if I were to do it all over again I would probably look at Hakuhodo or Koyudo brushes. Japanese made, excellent quality and not as expensive.

      Delete
  3. I love your quote "but hey it's Suqqu" !
    I agree with your opinions Jacq, Suqqu's brushes are extremely soft and nice but other brushes that are cheaper in price may work evenly with Suqqu brush. I love your comparison on this two brush, I have the L brush and I use it mostly for highlighting my lid and upper cheek bone. The size is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.