Saturday, August 3, 2013

Laura Mercier Folklore Summer 2013 Collection Illuminating Eye Colour Fire Glow Swatches and review


This is part of the Laura Mercier Folklore Summer collection 2013. I limited myself to only one item and that is the Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow. There are altogether 3 shades.

Fire Glow - Copper Shimmer
Sun Glow - Gold with shimmer
Earth Glow - Deep brown

I love their Illuminating Eye Shadows, they pack such a lovely punch. I bought three such eye shadows last year from the Art Deco Muse Collection 2012. They were gorgeous formulas. You can read my review of them here.






Dry swatch
Left to right: Dry versus wet

Wet swatch
Fire Glow is a very gorgeous metallic copper shade. It is very pigmented and blends beautifully. It lasts throughout the day for me over my Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer without  creasing. There is no fallout at all.

I must apologise for the colour difference in my photos. I am such a camera noob! I am still trying to get use to my Nikon Coolpix Aw110. I don't understand why sometimes the pictures turn warm in some pictures and not others especially when I take them my pictures one after another and in the same place.

Anyway, here I have my Laura Mercier Rosegold Caviar Stick as my base. I applied Fire Glow on the outer corner of my lids blending inwards.


I added Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Convoitise (to be reviewed) on the inner corner of my lids blending over my Fire Glow.


Finally lined my upper eye lids with Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes in 25L and added Chanel's Inimitable water proof mascara.




Tada, all done. Below are all the products I used for this face of the day.


Fire Glow cost USD $24. I bought this at Nordstrom among other things heh heh. I think it is quite a lovely price point for such a nice eye shadow. It is going for SGD $39 at the Tangs Laura Mercier counter which I feel was a very high markup. I might as well buy the more luxe brands.

I love Fire Glow a lot. The almost metallic finish and excellent formula makes it a big yay for me.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

12 comments:

  1. it's a little too warm for me but it looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats very pretty on you, I really think these have a great texture, I wonder if they will add them to the regular line up.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Clare, these are very good. I hope they will do other colours instead of the usual gold, bronze and taupe. I would love to see a stunning purple and green.

      Delete
  3. Is copper a new In? I see it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I think it is such a summery colour. Guess what I have two more copper shades lined up in my posts.

      Delete
    2. I went to check this LM eyeshadow. It's pretty and very pigmented. I tried using urban decay naked palette 2 , Chopper. It's much lighter n sheer. Not intense enough
      Waiting for your other 2 review! :)

      Delete
    3. I have the Guerlain Cuivre Ora and a pretty copper from Shu Uemura's Tokyo Lights palette scheduled. Oh that gives me an idea to do a comparison between all of them.

      Delete
  4. Wow... looks super pigmented! Great buy Jacq!
    BTW, the pictures look great... it takes a while to get used to the camera. But i'm sure you'll get there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I'm now using my Nikon for close up eye shots and my Olympus for portraits and lips :) I love these LM shadows.

      Delete
  5. OMG look at the bronze goodness! It looks really good on you Jacq! I'm not sure if it's going to be too gold on me but it is certainly sexy on you! Love your eye look babe! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As thanks sweetie. The trick with wearing such a strong copper is black eye liner. I'll pass it to you when I see you, then you can play with it.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.