Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Guerlain Terra Ora Summer Collection: Guerlain Fard Metal Iridescent Eye Shadows 02 Bronze Ora Swatches and Review



This is the second Fard Metal Iridescent Eye Shadow from the Guerlain Terra Ora Summer collection. There are a total of two shades available, Cuivre Ora featured in my previous post and Bronze Ora.

On first look, Bronze Ora is the less exciting sister of Cuivre Ora but if the warm metalic copper of Cuivre Ora is too intimidating for you to pull off, Bronze Ora is also a very lovely option. Bronze Ora looks to me a like a bronzed dark taupe shade if that makes sense.

Left to right: Without primer versus over Urban Decay Primer

When I applied this directly on my eye lids with the sponge applicator, pigment fell under my eyes. I had already applied my foundation and set with powder so I was like dang it! So you have been warned. Put a layer of loose powder underneath to catch the fallen pigments.

Here I have Bronze Ora over my Laura Mercier Rose Gold Caviar Stick ,on my lids to above my crease.



Here I added my black eye liner and Ardell lashes in 108.


Burberry Lip Velvet Military Red
The whole look.



On my cheeks I have:
Guerlain Cruel Gardenia highlighter
Guerlain Terracotta  4 Seasons Bornzing Powder Nude
Chanel Joues Contraste Espiegel


I wanted to show you my outfit but the solo pictures were crappy. In order to preserve the privacy of my family members, I cropped them out of my picture. I feel so bad. Anyway that is DH's shoulder on my right and MIL on my left.

I feel that I will probably get more use out of Bronze Ora because it is such a lovely easy to use neutral shade. I checked my stash and don't seem to have anything quite as close to Bronze Ora. That being said, I didn't appreciate having to deal with fall out and the packaging.

Ratings: 3+ lipsicks

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely colour on you and the dress is gorgeous, I always seem to be in trousers these days, guess I need to go somewhere nice to get dressed up :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a dress kinda gal. I hate wearing jeans or pants because thy are just to hot for Singapore's humid weather. On the weekends I'm always in my shorts. To think about it, I'm kinda sloppy about my dressing. I love this dress! I love happy bright prints and this has a really low back.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jacqueline, isn't Bronze Ora pretty? I agree the packaging isn't optimal, but I always lightly tap the applicator when I pull it out, and I have just enough for both lids (one side of the applicator for each lid). I don't blend with it though. That would probably be a hot mess. But other than that I'm a big fan of the shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny I must remember that about the tapping and the no blending. Yes it is a lovely shade, I love bronze colours too.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.