Monday, August 12, 2013

Chanel Stylo Eye Shadow 07 Moon River swatches and review



I wasn't going to pick this up but after seeing Caise from Wade Ashore and Replica from Visionary Beauty post beautiful swatches of Moon River, I had to have it. I cannot resist a shimmery taupe. 


The Stylo Effect Eye Shadows comes in a stick form which I swivel up to get more product. The casing feels heavier than my Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks and I'm guessing the case is made of metal. Correct me if I'm wrong. 






Isn't that the prettiest looking silvery taupe?


It does feel cool when first applied and it is easily blended. Unfortunately it does blend slightly patchy so I need to use my fingers to make sure I blend well. I can't apply too many layers though. After adding on another layer, the patchiness become very obvious. It is prone to creasing after 4 hours.



NARS Velvet Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita
Gentle dusting of Dior Coral Glow blush/bronzer


Moon River is a lovely colour but suffers from some blending issues. A light layer looks absolutely stunning but when I try to apply more, it becomes patchy and doesn't look as nice on my lids. There is a shelf life of only 6 months for these so I guess I have to try and use this as often as I can. 

There are a total of 6 shades.
07 Moon River
17 Cool Gold
27 Pink Lagoon
37 Jade Shore
47 Blue Bay
57 Black Stream

You can check really nice swatches over at Color Me Loud. The other shades are not calling out to me.

I bought this at SGD $51. I don't think it is worth the price. I think the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks are better in formula.

Ratings: 2++ lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love the idea of stick/cream/gel eyeshadows but it's hard to find long-lasting ones that apply smoothly and don't break the bank at the same time! I'm now back from the UK for the summer, but will be going back again in October. I just added you on facebook, my name is Rachel L*** there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confirmed! Have a great vacation my dear and rest well. Buy the Laura Mercier caviar sticks sweetie, they are so much better than these.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.