Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sponsored Post: Rodial Glamolash Review


(Information from the press kit)

Eyelash lengthening and thickening serum.Transform eyelashes in 2 weeks with Glamolash, a high performance lash lengthening serum.

Formulated with a powerful peptide complex clinically proven to lengthen lashes. Protein and Vitamin B5
thicken and volumise for naturally glamorous lashes.

SymPeptide®. Noticeably strengthens, lengthens and thickens eyelashes in as little as two weeks. An improvement in length and fullness was substantiated up to 25% in just two weeks.

Vitamin B3. Strengthens hair shafts resulting in thicker hair. Repairing and conditioning and moisturising.

Wheat protein. Moisturises eyelashes, strengthens hair shafts, conditions eyelashes for improved gloss and volume.

Apply a thin line nightly to the base of your eyelashes. Avoid getting into eyes



It is high time I reviewed this gem. The Rodial Glamolash. 

I have stubby sparse lashes. As much as I would love fuller and longer lashes, it has never been a priority to me. I can always use mascara and false lashes to help me enhance my lashes.

So this was the first item I whipped out to try when I got home from the Rodial event I attended in April.


The applicator features a tiny wand and you are supposed to apply a thin coating at the base of the lash. I was very greedy and I was hoping for faster results so I applied more. For the first time, I really went for it. Big mistake. This stuff stings when it gets in your eyes. Lesson learnt. From then on I was very careful how much I used and made sure I didn't apply it too close to my eyes.

I have been using this since late April. Now that is is July I would say I have used this for about two  months. I have not been very consistent so I sometimes forget to apply this nightly.

I didn't and still don't expect Glamolash to work miracles on my lashes but I was pretty pleased when a long time colleague of mine asked if I was using mascara that day when I wasn't. She said my lashes looked longer. I rushed to a nearby mirror and scrutinised my lashes. It didn't seem longer to me. Anyway I have taken to staring at my lashes at the mirror quite often and my hubby thinks I'm crazy. Try asking a man if your lashes are longer. They don't notice a thing!

I do find my lashes looking slightly fuller than before. I am not sure if they are longer but I do notice that when I apply my regular mascaras they seem to make work better than before. My Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill mascara which I wasn't entirely impressed with works better now. 

I have trouble taking pictures of my lashes. It is hard to get a good picture without scaring you, my dear readers with my enormous eyeball. The tendency for me to open my eyes bigger so that the camera can capture the length of my lashes. My lashes are also wonky, they grow this way and that. And somehow after scrutinizing the before and after photos they don't seem to show much difference. So I'm embarrassed to say that I copped out and will not be showing you embarrassing photos of my eye lashes. 


SGD $119 is a lot of moolah to pay for a lash serum but I am happy to say this works for me so I'll gladly pay it. I have to say though that this is my first time using a lash serum so do not have any other products to compare it with. 

All I have to say is to manage your expectations. If you want long feather lashes when you only have short stubby ones. It is not going to happen.

Ratngs: 4 lipsticks

Disclaimer:  Product was provided for by the company. Review is my own opinion, I am not affiliated or paid by the company.

5 comments:

  1. Wahhh... As expensive as my Elizabeth Arden serum as well. That one also working, but need to wait longer that this brand. Mine for 4 weeks they said haha I don't know I use it for how long but I feel different ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fenny, my motto is so long as it is effective. :) Glad to hear your EA works too.

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot of it and I might have to try it out.. I'm currently using a Dior serum but it only makes my lashes longer. I wish they were thicker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want my lashes to be longer. What is the name of your Dior Serum Caise?

      Delete
    2. Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.